Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: {Discussion} How To Encourage Roleplaying In Conquest

Post by Neon Nights on Sat May 23, 2015 9:30 pm

I just have a complaint.

Lots of people just say "Hey we have a kingdom as large as a mansion."

"What should we do with it?"
"Put only THREE PEOPLE in there and 18 Pokemon, of course!"

In Conquest, many people are in kingdoms. I'd like more "Lots of people inhabit fighting and are amazing at martial arts" rather than "Lord has the ability to lift a million pound weight and nobody else can".

Just isn't logical. When I imagine Kingdoms, I think of bustling cities, markets, houses, all that! I always imagined grass as a kingdom famous for not only battling, but for farming. And different locations. Flying in the sky, and ground deep in the core of the earth.

Rant over.
Neon Nights

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sat May 23, 2015 11:23 pm

I agree. We need to remove the stereotype of a kingdom just having a castle and that's it. For example my Fairy non-kingdom (yes, it is an anarchy. Why? Because I want to be different and have a higher quality of roleplaying.) has a capital city, a defined location (an island off the coast of Ice), a rose shape, a capital city that is named Megicey, a military fort that was an old castle, a resort area in the north and an actual name that isn't "Fairy Kingdom" or "Fairy Island". It is Fairem. It also drives me nuts when people do "/me walks to Fairy Kingdom". I have to constantly tell them that 1) you can't walk here and 2) it's not a kingdom. I put in many posts that actually explain my island, but people never seem to read them. I love how there is a Conquest Etiquette rule telling people to read posts, but it becomes frustrating when people treat this as a monotype tournament. I'm sorry for this rant; I'm just angry at people who still don't listen to the etiquette rules or the new rule stated here by Articuno. I think that the host should experiment with specialized names. For example, the host could announce, "<blank> type is now a <blank>. It is on a <blank> landform and called <blank>." That way, everyone easily sees the name changes. The host doesn't necessarily have to put it on the doc; an announcement works fine.

And so, rant over. How do you feel about this suggestion?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Sun May 24, 2015 11:43 am

I've seen and read your (Sabre) introductions/kingdom descriptions multiple times and I more than understand that '/me walks to kingdom that's clearly on an island/in the sky/elsewhere' annoys you, but as multiple people said it before, we can't enforce the usage of custom names. As for people who ignore the describtions: I usually make them redo the travel or just say No, <insert name here> didn't walk to <insert type here> kingdom because it's humanly impossible because <insert reasoning>.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sun May 24, 2015 12:02 pm

I do that too Needler. It just upsets me when people do not read your descriptions. Maybe we should add the etiquette rule to the new rule of Conquest so it it becomes, "Attackers who do not correctly or fail to roleplay to battle may be ignored." That way we don't have to enforce custom names and people can be notified of the etiquette of Conquest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Thu May 28, 2015 4:17 am

Afaik Conquest is a Roleplay in the Medieval Times, so yes Castles and Castles are the only things there for the Kingdoms
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Afaik Conquest is a Roleplay in the Medieval Times, so yes Castles and Castles are the only things there for the Kingdoms
Promoting creativity is a hard thing to do in RPs apparently, so I'm going to post my OC template doc for CQ again, but add in locations. But as for locations, you can make lots of things your castle or home. Tour(Bote) once had a flying ship as his home, and many have made impressive details about their kingdom(think along the lines of Lux), and made their kingdom stick out a bit. And if you don't have an out of the ordinary kingdom, you could have pokemon of the same type roaming through your kingdom. Like as a bug lord, my kingdom teems with bugs, and they crawl around in swarms. The inside of your kingdom counts too!
http://tinyurl.com/m824hbe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Thu May 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Afaik Conquest is a Roleplay in the Medieval Times, so yes Castles and Castles are the only things there for the Kingdoms

Castles are the place where the king lived. Kingdoms were not only castles. A kingdom wasn't there historically unless it had a population; and therefore at least one city is acceptable for a kingdom city-state, but I'd suggest designing an entire country and making your CQ character if you want a true roleplaying experience. Now, this is not necessary, but i helps with roleplaying.

Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 28, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curricull on Thu May 28, 2015 10:52 pm

You're the lord. You can do anything with your kingdom. It can be a Ship, Mansion, Castle, etc. When I join CQ as Keita I am the only one living in it unless someone is a knight. My OC(Well, I just copied the personality and the appearance of Keita Wakui but meh.) is a lone wolf and only accepts strong knights. As the Room says, Your imagination is the only limit.
Curricull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:57 am

Hello all! I've been thinking lately of what to do to encourage more and more roleplaying in Conquest, so hear me out 'kay?
New Role: Commoner
A commoner can be anyone in the RP, of course it has to be someone who isn't a Warlord or a Knight. Commoners cannot battle, but only RP inside the Kingdom, commoners can be anything in a Kingdom like a merchant for example.
Commoners can help portray what the Kingdom looks like, so not everyone will just waltz into your gates ignoring one person describing the kingdom, but more people will describe it and the more it will be noticed.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 am

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Hello all! I've been thinking lately of what to do to encourage more and more roleplaying in Conquest, so hear me out 'kay?
New Role: Commoner
A commoner can be anyone in the RP, of course it has to be someone who isn't a Warlord or a Knight. Commoners cannot battle, but only RP inside the Kingdom, commoners can be anything in a Kingdom like a merchant for example.
Commoners can help portray what the Kingdom looks like, so not everyone will just waltz into your gates ignoring one person describing the kingdom, but more people will describe it and the more it will be noticed.

I agree!

I have also thought of a new role that has come into my mind due to trading: Diplomats!
These people cannot battle but can still provide knowledge about what a kingdom looks like and has privileges to RP in a kingdom. They are still different from the commoner. A diplomat has a more noble role in the kingdom (or whatever class the lord wants them to be - China hated merchants while India loved them back in the classical era, no kingdom's the same) and is the one who can be assigned to carry out alliances or trades. They can also RP different political scenarios such as a rising rebellious group in the kingdom, tax rates, trading (not the Pokemon kind), new laws, foreign relations, etc. Some problems this group could have are as follows:
- there would need to be a limit on the amount of them in a kingdom
- they would probably have to be put on the doc because they can influence trading and alliances
- other lords may be confused as to whether the diplomat or the lord is asking them for an alliance unless they are on the doc
To mitigate these issues, I recommend a new section in the rules on the doc explaining diplomats and a section for placing them on the doc. Secondly, I think there should be no more than one to two of them per kingdom.

How do you like this idea? Feel free to post any critiques.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Partially just a sidenote, but, well, don't just restrict yourselves to kingdoms. A week or so ago, I was a part of a Pirate style CQ, where the types were different fleets vying for dominance over the 18 7 seas. I found it a pretty nice change of pace, CQwise. Granted, this was in amphy, and honestly, it might be slightly difficult to deviate from the normal kingdoms when run in main, but still, food for thought.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:40 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:Partially just a sidenote, but, well, don't just restrict yourselves to kingdoms.  A week or so ago, I was a part of a Pirate style CQ, where the types were different fleets vying for dominance over the 18 7 seas.  I found it a pretty nice change of pace, CQwise.  Granted, this was in amphy, and honestly, it might be slightly difficult to deviate from the normal kingdoms when run in main, but still, food for thought.

I completely agree. Sometimes you could make New Pork City some sort of dystopian dictatorship or something weird like a religious cult... or something...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:37 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:Partially just a sidenote, but, well, don't just restrict yourselves to kingdoms.  A week or so ago, I was a part of a Pirate style CQ, where the types were different fleets vying for dominance over the 18 7 seas.  I found it a pretty nice change of pace, CQwise.  Granted, this was in amphy, and honestly, it might be slightly difficult to deviate from the normal kingdoms when run in main, but still, food for thought.
I actually made a Video Game Style of Conquest, t'was really fun ^_^ hosting it
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Basic Human Instincts

Post by Mikhail97 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:13 am

Was this the post I always rant in? I don't know. I just needed one.

Rant #3

The common sense and courtesy of answering questions

So, I was in this conquest, that I knighted for Dragon, since I didn't really want to be lord. I was just waiting to get into a battle or something, but no, the lord fought two out of the two battles. Fair enough, whatever. I just reminded him that I existed. Then, as battle between Dragon and Water starts, I wasn't fighting again. So, when I asked why, I was given this shite of a bombshell.

"This is why I don't take knights. I'll never use them to fight."

What. The actual. Fuck. So, you're telling me I wasted 2 hours being a fucking statue? And by wasted two hours, I can't knight or take other kingdom how. 30 mins before the lock, Fighting was open, I was thinking to take it but I just stayed at Dragon. Now, my 'being loyal' act came back and bite me in the arse. And Dragon proceeds to sweep the field because nothing stops it now. I felt like I was blatantly robbed, just like other battlers in the field.

It's called courtesy, to just tell you don't need knights. Don't listen to Threw it on the Ground and throw other people's raised hopes 6 ft underneath and waste other's time and fun. It's just one sentence of

"I don't need a knight"

For the love of god it's not that hard to type that, isn't it. And also, sometimes, people just does not respond to RP's or knighting pm's or any PM's in general. Just give a simple gesture and say no or something, it's that goddamn simple.

Rant Over.

P.S. You. That guy. Yes, the guy with Dragon. Did you really pull off with the celebrations. You just basically won a fist fight as a MMA fighter versus an 8 year old. Have fun with your celebrations.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Mikhail97 wrote:Was this the post I always rant in? I don't know. I just needed one.

Rant #3

The common sense and courtesy of answering questions

So, I was in this conquest, that I knighted for Dragon, since I didn't really want to be lord. I was just waiting to get into a battle or something, but no, the lord fought two out of the two battles. Fair enough, whatever. I just reminded him that I existed. Then, as battle between Dragon and Water starts, I wasn't fighting again. So, when I asked why, I was given this shite of a bombshell.

"This is why I don't take knights. I'll never use them to fight."

What. The actual. Fuck. So, you're telling me I wasted 2 hours being a fucking statue? And by wasted two hours, I can't knight or take other kingdom how. 30 mins before the lock, Fighting was open, I was thinking to take it but I just stayed at Dragon. Now, my 'being loyal' act came back and bite me in the arse. And Dragon proceeds to sweep the field because nothing stops it now. I felt like I was blatantly robbed, just like other battlers in the field.

It's called courtesy, to just tell you don't need knights. Don't listen to Threw it on the Ground and throw other people's raised hopes 6 ft underneath and waste other's time and fun. It's just one sentence of

"I don't need a knight"

For the love of god it's not that hard to type that, isn't it. And also, sometimes, people just does not respond to RP's or knighting pm's or any PM's in general. Just give a simple gesture and say no or something, it's that goddamn simple.

Rant Over.

P.S. You. That guy. Yes, the guy with Dragon. Did you really pull off with the celebrations. You just basically won a fist fight as a MMA fighter versus an 8 year old. Have fun with your celebrations.

Your mentality makes me imply that this isn't the right thread for you. The time wasn't wasted, unless you didn't do anything and if that was the case, you didn't rp, my point.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top