"The boy with the power to change Fate itself" - Haloh the Ampharos (OC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The boy with the power to change Fate itself" - Haloh the Ampharos (OC)

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:16 pm

Fate. It's something none of us can change, for better or for worse.. Some choose not to believe in it, others, myself included, abide by it, but still try to find a way to change this arbitrary, disgusting truth. Haloh, unbeknownst to him, HAS indeed found a way to change his fate, for better, or for worse.

"Keh! Fate? 'Destiny'? Those words are just another wall for me to punch to dust! I make my OWN story!"

Age/Gender/Level: 21 / Male / L:55

Personality/Awesomeness! Booyeah!
Haloh is quite the joyous and optimistic individual, trying to find the good of most situations and trying to make you laugh when you're down. He doesn't see life as one big joke, like his brother Shadow, but instead sees it as one big adventure: one to be searched through like a ravenous detective. While he /is/ empathetic, he most often times finds himself spacing out when people "talk too much", which is usually when they're either monotonous, or talk to him longer than a couple of seconds. While he realizes that the only way to become the strongest Ampharos is by training, he'll often make excuses to not do the vigorous amounts of training needed to accomplish his dream. However, when he does get into battle, he becomes a fighting machine, using his incredible Power Gem attacks and Signal Beam attacks to weaken his foe, before KOing them with his most powerful Techniques: the Thunderbolt attack and his signature move: The Mega Punch. He values his physical strength over his mental strength, even though he excels in special attacks.

Attacks: Mega Punch, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Dragon Pulse - Sometimes carries: Psybeam (taught to him by Hannah), Power Gem, Rain Dance, and Return. Very rarely uses Light Screen.

Held Item(s): Ampharosite - it's what the Jewel on his head is; Leftovers - usually last nights pizza; Normal Gem - a gift from his father.

Other Items(s): Kar Necklace - A necklace given to him by Kar for memories; Miscellaneous Map - a map given to him by Bleck and Tippi so he wouldn't get lost anymore.

History: "This is where things kinda get... uh... rough. Aheh..."

Dark Beginnings:
As a child, Haloh was loved by his Father, Falcon, but was hated by his mother, Kim, simply because he did not come from her. As such, she often abused him verbally, but never physically, for she didn't want Falcon to find out and cut off his ties with her. But, luckily, he did, and he divorced her as soon as he could. He wasn't stupid, he had heard some of the things Kim had said to his children, and he was appalled. But she wasn't done yet, no, she was determined to make not only Falcon's life a living hell, but his children's too. As such, she somehow managed to win over the court to allow her partial custody over Haloh, meaning he had to spend 6 months of the year with her, and 6 months with Falcon. But his torture wasn't over yet, sadly. For, when he was 8 years old, his own brother, whom I shall refer to as "Darkside" went insane, and murdered Haloh's eldest sister, Hannah, whom he saw as his real mother. However, as Hannah's last wish, she used her most powerful move, the "Healing Wish", to send all Haloh, Shadow, and their triplet brothers, Flare, Ace, and Jake, away from the monster that had become "Darkside". However, as with all wishes, hers came with a side effect. She was forced to wipe the minds of her brothers that she had sent away, making them have no recollection of the events that had occured for the last 8+ years of their life. For Haloh, this was a short-winded, but well appreciated loss. He was soon found by a group of martial artists, a Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Hitmontop, who trained him until, finally, he evolved into a Flaafy, after learning Mega Kick. His time as a child, was over. It was time to begin his new life as an adolescent.

Growing Up:
His life was considerably easier as an adolescent, as he moved up in his training, now, training with Hitmonchan, who trained in finesse, rather than in power, like his brother, Hitmonlee. It was here that he saw his father-figure, Hitmonchan, do a very special attack: The Mega Punch. For some odd reason, despite the weaker power, it resonated with him. This was the match that lit the fire; the shot that started the war, for his memory. However, ever oblivious, he continued his training, getting stronger, and going out on mission trips out to the foot of Origin Mountain, said to be the home of Arceus itself. However, no one had scaled its full height. However, he wasn't there to conquer this challenge, instead, he went out to visit the mystical Xatu, seer of fates and destinies. Haloh, while strong, barely managed to climb up the 500 miles of stairs to reach Xatu's hut. Once there, he confronted the Pokemon, on orders of Hitmonchan, who wanted to know he was training a pupil worth his time. Haloh, confident he would have an important destiny, confronted the bird, and demanded to know his destiny. The bird asked only once: "Are you sure?" Haloh scoffed at the seer's hesitance, and, once again, demanded to know his destiny. It hit him like a ton of bricks:

"You are destined to... do nothing. Well, not quite nothing, but no one will acknowledge you for anything you did for them. No Pokemon will write down your name in any memorable book. You will be forgotten."

Haloh was... shaken. He was... destined to be... a nobody? He stood, thanked the now sorrowful bird, and returned, meekly, to his forest dojo. Once there, he could smell the lovely smelling of Hitmontop's signature Bunnelby Soup and various spices. While he wasn't a meat eater, the smell was nostalgic, and he could feel himself tear up. He was approached from behind by Hitmonchan, who asked of his fate. Haloh, nearly jumped, but managed to keep his composure. He thought, for what he thought was a millennium, about what to say to Hitmonchan. He decided. He told him... he told him he was destined for greatness. That, he was going to be the worlds protector, and that he'd be the strongest Pokemon to have walked this planet of theirs. As Hitmonchan laughed and congratulated him, Haloh was busy convincing himself of his new destiny. He wasn't going to be a nobody. He was going to be... the best.

Growing Up:
On one particular mission trip, he spotted a group of Pokemon wearing similar outfits, and ignorantly, attacked them, thinking them to be be a group of bandits. When the Pokemon's instructor came, and stopped Haloh's assault, he explained that he and these Pokemon were from Octillery's School for the Higher. Haloh was confused, for, he had not heard of this "school". The instructor, a Linoone, gave him a flyer, and told him to give it to his parent or parents, and have them fill it out. For, "knowledge is the greatest power in the universe!" And that was all the incentive he needed. After much begging, pleading, and kissing up, Haloh finally earned Hitmonchan's (wary) approval. But he had to train just as hard, since he was missing 8 hours of possible training with Hitmonchan.

Haloh spent the next year going to the Upper classes of Octillery's (9th/10th grade), because he was already part of the school system, which, for him, was odd because, once again, he did not fully remember his old life. However, the first day was, for him, a large sense of deja vu. And while he did make many friends there (a Poochyena, Ivysaur, and many more), he never quite got used to the whole idea of schooling, preferring to punch things rather than talk them out, resulting in many detentions and disillusions about learning and studying in general, believing it to be the work of Giritina. However, he had a promise to fulfill to Hitmonchan, but soon , that wasn't the only reason he was going to school. For, there he met a beautiful Kirlia, with whom he fell in love with. And lucky him! She liked him back! They started going out, and getting to know each other. And yet, the more he looked at this Kirlia's features, the way her eyes twinkled with this sly, all knowing nature, the competitive way she did, well, anything, the more his memory returned. And then, one day, while they were chilling on the beach in the front of his school, Haloh did, what was in his mind, the unthinkable, and leaned over and just... kissed her. As their lips parted, and he looked into his eyes, he saw not himself, but... images. Familiar ones. And like that, it all came back to him. The training with his Falcon, the first day of primary school with his... brothers? That had confused him, but he continued with the memories, until he reached... the one. That last, terrible one. And yet, it felt... distant. Like the wounds had long since healed, and, he could finally move on. The Kirlia spoke to him then, mentioning how he finally remembered. He closed his eyes, slowly, and muttered one, simple, yet powerful word.

"Yeah."

And when he opened his eyes, his life had changed. He was finally taking the first steps towards his destiny. First, he had to forget. Then, he had to Grow Up, and evolve. Not only as a Pokemon, but as a person. And finally, all he had to do was remember. It, was time.

How About Now?:

Life's been pretty easy for Haloh, after finding his way to the Desplaines, a large, open prairie that stretches on into the horizon like a blanket of gold. He made a home here in a hill with a Maple tree growing out of the top, since it was near more of his species and large, shallow lake and a beautiful forest. He loved the location so much he marked it as his new home, and for a short while, it really was 'home'. Of course, that couldn't stay true, as after a short adventure with a pal, he came back to find his home scorched, the entirety of it destroyed, leaving nothing behind but a set of initials by the attacker. It was obvious that if Haloh were home, he would've been killed by whoever destroyed his house, and he swore to himself to find who dared to destroy his home when he'd worked so hard to find it, and he was just starting to love it too...

After that, he became nomadic, living by the day, even attending many prestigious parties (one in particular got rather murderous, and he was lucky to have made it out alive, despite being extremely drunk at said party. It was... a low point in his life, that was for sure). Eventually, he found a cozy little village to stop by for a while, and that's when he picked up his new dream, mind you, he still wants to be the best Ampharos in the world, but now, he has his sight on becoming the richest, most well-known bounty hunter to have ever lived. His first few jobs... could've gone better, but soon enough, he got the hang of it, and slowly became renowned for his skill and raw power, combined with his willingness to take on any job.

However, his latest job went south, as he was severely injured on his way back to report a 'job well done'. He was attacked by a ferocious Absol who had no mercy for the weary Ampharos, and wanted simply to kill him for entering his mountain territory. Fending off the attacker as best he could, he was knocked off a cliff, and fell nearly a hundred feet into the rocky ground below. The fall didn't kill, him, luckily enough, but instead left him with a dislocated shoulder from trying to grab a root that was hanging out of the wall and a severe concussion that's made it hard for him to remember who his assailant was, and how he got to the Black Forest. As of now, he's headed north, towards where, is unknown. But luckily enough, he isn't alone. With Wuggles, a Jumpluff he met after escaping the Black Forest, he's headed to find the voice that's been eating away at her consciousness, and plans to repay her for the trouble he's caused.

Relationships: Falcon (Scizor) - Deceased? - His father. Raised him from a small egg, until he was a strong, independent Mareep who could punch down small trees. While Falcon was strict with him, he was also kind, and loving, so Haloh loved him, and still does. Even though he hasn't been seen in over 13 years, Haloh believes he's still out there, injured, but alive.
Shadow (Absol) - Alive - His second eldest brother. Was his rival as a child, and now, even in adulthood, is still his rival in strength. While Haloh thinks that he's a boring and dry as a stick in the desert, he loves him nonetheless, and often surprises (and embarrasses!) him by randomly glomping him and revealing his secrets. ("Like how he loves kids! He thinks they're cute~" "Sh-Shut up! I do not! And stop making me sound like a creep, or I'll slice your throat!" >///<;)
The Triplets (Flare, Ace, and Jake) - Alive - His older, triplet brothers who are younger than Shadow, but older than him. While he fights (a LOT) with Flare, since Haloh values brawn over brains, he feels he can open up to Ace, because he never talks, but still gives fair judgement through actions and gestures, plus, he listens well. He loves sparring with Jake, going out to see movies, and everything else best friends do! Jake is often the one who breaks up the fights between the brothers, but, when he gets involved, Ace will most often just freeze them all, to "Cool them down. Fufufu~".
"Darkside" (Sableye) - Alive - "HATE. HATE. HAAATE!!!" >:C
Hannah (Gardevior) - Deceased - Since his mother was extremely verbally and mentally abusive, Haloh's eldest sister, Hannah, was essentially his mother. He loved her the way you would love your mother, and she loved him as if he were his son. She was so proud to see him grow... Suffice to say, when she perished, Haloh was... devastated. To say the least.
Destiny Bond (Gengar) - Alive - The 'Cup Goddess', Haloh recently met the Gengar at an undisclosed party. She kept supplying him with drinks until killers attacked the party, and they escaped together. When Haloh woke up in a nearby bar, with a tab that was through the roof, he was saved from having to pay by her. They were last seen together headed east towards a cave to apprehend Hariyama.
Reaver (Grim Reaper) - Undead - A mysterious 16-year old looking Grim Reaper who's been around for over 1000 years, apparently. Not much is known about this man, besides the fact he tried to kill Haloh on his way to the Desplains Mountains. Over all, a pretty bad guy.
Strider (Skarmory) - Alive - A spunky young Skarmory with the same taste in brandy as Haloh. They met when he nearly died from dehydration on his way to the Desplaines Mountains, and traveled together for some time, before they split off. Not a bad guy, to be honest.
Igniz (Esper) - Undead - Another undead man shows his face to Haloh. Luckily for him, this guy was actually pretty cool, with the ability to create sonic booms with the flick of his wrist, he was a very valuable and great friend to Haloh in the time they spent together.
Louie (Ralts) [Shiny] - Alive - A young Ralts Haloh found tied up in a grove near the Desplaines Mountains, though, what he was doing there is still a mystery to this day.
Kar (Zoroark) - Alive - A quirky Zoroark girl Haloh met after falling off a cliff at the end of the Black Forest. For lack of better terms, their meeting made quite a splash, and they hit it off pretty well, with them having the same sense of humor. He has a 'K' necklace that she gave him to remember her by.
Wuggles (Jumpluff) - Alive - A small and affectionate Jumpluff Haloh met the same way as Kar, though he did accidentally plow her into a river when he fell from the Black Forest. Last he was seen was running north with her to find the voice calling to her...

Likes!
Favorite Food: Tofu Burritos! (he's a herbivore) Along with Fried Sitrus Berry Kabobs.
Favorite Hobby: Sleeping! I also don't mind singing, or playing Saxaphone. ("Or, y'know, messing with Shadow. Kukuku~")
Favorite Colour: Purple! It's why I wish I were shiny... Ah well! I'm still glad to have THESE GUNS
Favorite Season: Summer! Schools out! Party over here, call up errbody we know!

Dislikes...
Hated Food: Anything with meat in it. I also don't like things that're too dry.
Hated Hobby: Screw school! Punch! Kick! Hah!
Hated Colour: Iunno. I guess grey's kinda... boring? :T
Hated Season: Ugh. Fall. See two comments ago.

Theme Song: "I Don't Wanna Be", Stripped Version. - Gavin Degraw

And that's Haloh! I'll be posting Shadow next~

<3 from da best, Haloh~

Last edited by Halohbottech on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The boy with the power to change Fate itself" - Haloh the Ampharos (OC)

Post by VoltScreen on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:04 am

W to the O to the A to the H

That's incredibly detailed! It's not the most unique, but it's brilliant none the less. I can clearly see you've put a lot of detail into it and not rushed it like some people do. One last thing: is this a brief of the OC or is it the actual bio?
VoltScreen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Uh... if you could elaborate, that'd be nice. I don't wanna confuse what I think you mean with what you actually mean. Aheh... Razz

But this is the bio, for Haloh, at least. I plan to add more as I come up with it (I already have more planned, but I haven't had the time to post it), so If you want, be on the lookout!
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evergreen lemose on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:02 am

Very good backstory, did he ever manage to change fate?

If he ever goes to saffron city, pay a visit to Shazam!
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 am

((His fate was to fade into oblivion. he has changed that fate; you do know about him, don't you? Kukuku~))
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fitzmagic on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 am

Wow, this is amazing! You put so much detail into this they could make a two hour biography show. This is one of the best OC's I've ever seen.
Ryan Fitzmagic
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:00 pm

((thanks dude Very Happy that's really nice of you to say!))
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shiny beldum on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:28 am

I don't mean to be rude I mean I love your OC,its most of the characters you make have the same story if you catch my drift
shiny beldum

View user profile http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:24 pm

((that's the point: they're all related, brothers and sisters, but their stories branch off after the beginning. you'll see that when I stop procrastinating and get to writing the other OC's ._.))
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Updated the 'Relationships' tab. Feel free to read up on Destiny. I'll keep adding things here based on FR.
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:16 am

I just... Wowie, the first thing I'm saying 'ere is what a detailed and elaborate bio.

Lovely descriptions and details to encompass and shape Haloh's humorous character! Everything links and relates, making sense among his experiences and travels, well done~! Hopefully the guy can see what's ahead of him to make himself a better person, like everyone shall apply to their own lives someday.

Fluffy hopes to see you again~!
FluffyDeoxys

View user profile http://mecha-crobat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Major updates, huzzah! Feel free to check Haloh out!
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top