[Updated] A useful tool for those considering making an OC - Recommended Reading

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Updated] A useful tool for those considering making an OC - Recommended Reading

Post by AxeBane on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:50 am

So! For all of you that are having trouble with getting a proper format for making an OC, I've put together my resources to chalk up two variations of my own template, just you you sexy people!

So, what I've done is separated them into two distinct categories. One of them is "simple," which I'd highly recommend for people who just want to get an OC out right away, though for those of you that love your detail, I've gone and created an "advanced" version, which contains a lot more detail, that isn't usually directly necessary, but it's nice to have if you really want to flesh out your character.

Additionally, if you have any suggestions for things that I missed, or you find plainly stupid, or even just want to point out that you liked, leave a comment and let me know! Anywho, without further ado, the links to the templates will be at the bottom, so go check 'em out!

Simple Version: http://bit.do/bio-blank-simple

Advanced Version: http://bit.do/bio-blank-advanced

[Added Friday 31st July, Australian Time]
New version: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IioapnwHw2DPVVzQ9d72DdTHRpCxOo7BdIu0sdcO0lY/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by AxeBane on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding new version.)
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Updated] A useful tool for those considering making an OC - Recommended Reading

Post by AxeBane on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:20 pm

C'mon, guys! Leave some feedback; I don't bite!
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Updated] A useful tool for those considering making an OC - Recommended Reading

Post by SSW on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Yo Axe what if you have your main which can go to different OCs Like every RolePlay (Not counting legends)
SSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:51 pm

SSW wrote:Yo Axe what if you have your main which can go to different OCs Like every RolePlay (Not counting legends)

Erm. I'm afraid I don't fully get what you're asking; think you could explain?
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emperor of Birds on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:14 pm

www.springhole.net also has some great resources to help you make a realistic character, among other writing things. check it out!
Emperor of Birds
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Chihiro's AlterEgo wrote:www.springhole.net also has some great resources to help you make a realistic character, among other writing things. check it out!

About that: I'm also working on a command on my bot that'll automatically generate a stock character for you, similar to springhole.net, but more in-tune for Pokemon. Currently non-existent, but work on it has started. That is all.
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeatNoob on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:33 am

Wow, that template actually looks pretty good. I might as well make one of my OCs on that; thanks to you! Smile
MeatNoob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:55 am

MeatNoob wrote:Wow, that template actually looks pretty good. I might as well make one of my OCs on that; thanks to you! Smile

Thanks! I'm glad that it's getting some use~
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismesis 413 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:58 am

*lifts Axe up Simba style* *looks up at the rp sky which smiles back in completion*
Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:00 am

Kismesis 413 wrote:*lifts Axe up Simba style* *looks up at the rp sky which smiles back in completion*

Yey~!

On an unrelated note: God, that's a long signature! You may want to use spoilers to shrink it down, buddy. .w.'
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismesis 413 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:04 am

Must resist... Urge... To reply... With funny GIF....!!!
Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:04 am

Kismesis 413 wrote:Must resist... Urge... To reply... With funny GIF....!!!

Resist! You can do it, mate! On another (another) note: Anything you wanna point out about the templates? Anything you like, or dislike?
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisz on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:15 am

praise helix 4 this thread
Daisz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:17 am

I think it's a very useful and helpful document to make OC's from, especially since people can just add their own boxes in afterwards if they need extra sections for some reason~ ^^

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PasswordLost on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:50 pm

PasswordLost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top