League of Legends Discussion Thread! (magical cookies included :3)

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: League of Legends Discussion Thread! (magical cookies included :3)

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:44 am

I have some questions.

1) As someone who plays what he likes and not what he usually knows (heck I don't even care if that champ has a skin or not), is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? Because I literally play my games by gauging if I feel to play the champ or I just wanna play this champ. (exception to Bard and Orianna, I like them enough to play them multiple times consecutively)

2) With the rotating game modes, is it ideal to play in every single game mode every time it's there? I mean does this exercise my capabilities in a better way than I should practice in normal or is it just a fun way to waste time?

The questions above are kinda my habits every time I play and I'm kinda curious so I wanna hear your opinion and advice about what I'm actually doing.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:51 am

For your first question, I would have to say that, unless you're playing in ranked with that mentality, it's a good thing. League, at it's core, is a game, and games are meant to be played for fun. So of course, go ahead and play the things you enjoy the most. Besides, even in ranked, if you're low elo (typically between Bronze V and Gold I), you can play pretty much any champion and, if you're skilled enough with that champion, you can even carry your games. TL;DR: Yes, it's a good thing.

And for your second question, It depends if you enjoy having a different approach of the core gameplay of league. That's what game modes provide, a different experience than you would normally get by playing regular league. It's entitled to every person's perspective of 'fun', if you enjoy just tryharding then go for ranked, but if you enjoy doing other things, then by all means go ahead and play all the game modes every weekend. Besides, it's not like just because the game mode is there, you're forced to play it.

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am

I strongly recommend playing what you enjoy playing. I have a few champions I am exceptionally good at, but I do not always enjoy playing them. I also have some champions I'm awful at, but have a blast playing. The important thing is just to take note of what your team is going to expect out of you. Having fun with friends? Play that smite bot Kog'maw. Playing with your duo? Maybe you should play something you play well, or something you're learning.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Play play and play some more. Play one champ only, or play every champ whenever you want. Note: If you do the latter you should consider keeping a list of which champions you play in what role. I am that, and I found it really difficult to pick a champion for the role I needed to play in the time I had, simply because it didn't really help me narrow things down much.

On rotating game modes, I'll answer the same as the first. Play what is fun, it's not generally going to make you better at the game. URF certainly not.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:16 pm

It seems like Rico and Vlaz answered your questions pretty well, but I'd like to give my input too. Yes, it usually is a good thing. I've started playing Fiora and she seems pretty fun even though I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't play champs I don't like using or don't want to use at all, unless I have to (like in ARAM). But also take into account what kind of game you're playing. If you really like playing Orianna, make sure you get the position you want before you decide to play her. I've had games where I wanted to play a champ and someone else takes the role I want. Especially in Draft pick. It's difficult to fully enjoy games when I'm stuck as support for 3 or 4 games in a row. Sure, the feeling of carrying your ADC is there, but it's just not as thrilling.

No you don't have to. Some League players don't even play games during rotating game modes at all. For me personally I don't play Ascension, whatever that rip-off of Dominion is, or the one mode where you have to take turns attacking the Nexus and you have a time limit or something. But I do enjoy a nice game of Poro King when it comes up. I play little to no One for All just because it's so hard to play when you're stuck as a champ not good for that game mode and you're playing against a champ who is good, or counters your own champ. That and Riot needs to fix Lottery pick. I've seen a lot of threads floating around on the boards about how Lottery needs to be a true Lottery pick, not just a popularity vote. So play which ones you want to play, and if it's your first time playing, make the most out of it.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:08 pm

After playing a bit more, I can say a couple things :I

Garen is amazingly fun to play, especially when you get his health over 3000 with the Warmog armour. He like, heals 150 a second or something stupid like that. He also has tools to escape, I've literally won 3v1's by running away them turning around at full health and smacking them with the spinner. He also doesn't really let them get away if he wins, because he can speed boost up, use his ult, etc etc. IDK what I meant by this I guess I just really love Garen :/

Last edited by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:11 pm

A lot of the time you don't need warmogs to heal up to full with Garen, just buy a Spirit Visage. It gives you health, magic resist, cdr and enhances your passive to the point that most other characters get WITH a warmogs (1.25% with passive vs. 1.5% with warmogs). Your passive is actually even better because it's not deactivated by minions later in the game.

Garen is a fun character who can be played in a few different ways. There's standard play where you get a black cleaver and then mostly go tanky, however did you know his skills scale with critical strike? If you want to be silly, try building things like infinity edge on him and some big ol' damage. You don't NEED damage to murder people with garen, but it can be fun. (Note: If you actually enjoy winning just build tanky)
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:31 am

Okie to Rico, Vlazz and Dragonite99 thanks for answering my questions I really appreciate your opinions of what I actually do. I kinda asked my questions because so far I have found no one who is like me, someone who plays in the rotating game modes and someone who plays a champ based on if they feel it or not. So yes I thought I'm a weirdo who is wasting his time blissfully unaware of what he should do, but I guess I'm not the only one x3

Also any tips on playing Renekton? I just bought him and had so many fun games as I used him, like super cool haha (and yes, he might being going to my list of faves :3)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:26 am

I haven't played him myself, but from watching other people play, you can use your little dash thing offensively and defensively. Use it to catch out people and engage in teamfights. Sory I couldn't be of more help. ^^'
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:55 am

You use your dash as a 'get in, get out' style, since you can use your dash twice assuming you hit an enemy unit. Use your dash, unleash your Auto -> W -> Q combo and dash away from the enemy to get a quick trade during laning phase. Preferrably have your W empowered with your passive, as it gets quite a jump in damage compared to a regular W.

There are plenty of tips about Renekton on the internet. MobaFire, for example, is a decent website to learn some of those tips, you should try it out. It has tips for pretty much any champion, so, whenever you want some tips for champions you enjoy playing, there is a good place to search for.

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Played more, now like Riven too. She's really fun, and is a death sentence for any heroes with not too much health. I don't know why I like her though, she's different to Garen. She's awesome.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:47 pm

Glad to see you're enjoying Riven! I've played her once or twice and I had no idea what I was doing. Be sure you're nice to everyone because the general community tends to make assumptions about Riven players. I try not to, so hopefully people will be nice to you in return. ^ J^
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Oh crap, I didn't know that ;;. I don't see myself becoming toxic anytime soon, so that should be fine.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:23 pm

It's fine. Not all Riven players are toxic, so that's why i'm not quick to assume. Get good with her in bots first, so people don't start yelling and stuff in PvP.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:03 pm

I try. Also, I looked up some stuff on jungling and it looks quite fun. I might just like, jungle forever.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 am

Jungling is one of the more important roles, as it allows you to lift up a player who's struggling, or completely shut down an entire lane for an already strong player. You can also do neither of those things and just get strong yourself. Generally speaking, it's the 'swing' vote... junglers can be pretty much any of the major roles in a team, just a little differently.

It sounds like you enjoy assassins. Assassin jungles can be quite fun, you might consider Rengar or Kha'zix for that purpose. A lot would recommend Lee Sin which is why he has a massive play rate and very low win rate.

General jungling tip: Never do nothing. This sounds obvious but it's a little more complicated than it sounds. First of all, never cross the entire map for a jungle camp, you're usually better off going back or providing pressure on your way. Always have a reason for what you're doing. "Why am I in the middle of the map? To gank/countergank" I have seen a LOT of junglers who will just wander in to a lane and do nothing, don't be that guy.

In short, play with purpose. Laners can do their "I'm going to my lane" thing, but you need to be omnipresent to be a great jungler, and the best way to do that is to work in all of your jungling things to the same thing.
"I just finished red, I will now show up top/bot (depending on which is closest)"
"My top jungle is empty and I'm top. I want farm, I'm going to go pressure mid for a bit before going for my bot-side jungle"
"My top laner is fighting under the enemy turret with no wards. I'm going to go do my top-side jungle so I'm there when they get ganked"
"The enemy top laner is fighting under our turret with no wards. I'm going to go ward the enemy jungler's approach and then make their day."

Note the last two... look at your team as if they're your enemies too. That's how you successfully countergank. If you look at somebody and go "Yeah, I'd kill that" then the enemy jungler is probably thinking the same thing... but don't just go sit in their lane unless you can get a gank off yourself. INSTEAD, you go somewhere nearby and do jungly things. That way, if the enemy jungler shows up in another lane you can instantly go do something else, like take large parts of their jungle or maybe even throw in that gank.

What I'm trying to get at is whenever you do something, ask yourself why you're doing it. If you can't give an answer, you're quite likely in the wrong place. Killing jungle camps is the only thing you do to pass the time.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top