League of Legends Discussion Thread! (magical cookies included :3)

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: League of Legends Discussion Thread! (magical cookies included :3)

Post by Dragonite99 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Ok, so little update from me! Over the weekend I decided to finally try out ranked (the Kayle Riot gave everyone got me the 16 I needed because I play with a rather small pool of champs). I went into the queue, got some teammates, and the picker was very nice and quiet, no one yelled or argued or anything. I was very positive, getting everyone's hopes up for the coming game. I decided to go as support because it was my first ranked game after all, so i figured support would be a very nice way to ease me into it, just like when I first started playing.

It was a Jhin and Sona bot lane for us, against a Vayne and Bard. I tried to play as passively as possible (I am normally an aggressive Sona, but again, first timer), but I found it really difficult to get Bard into my Q range without him chunking my health and/or stunning me.

To summarise, the experience I would give it a rating of...2.5 out of 5. The team did little to no communicating at all, most of the pings coming from me alone (and no, i do not ping spam because I know how annoying that can be). Warding was decent and although our team did cooperate a little (especially our jungler Volibear who gave some very good ganks, there wasn't a lot of good and effective grouping going on. Our Fizz and Garen did a lot of flaming and yelling mid to late game, complaining about how we were never did anything when grouped, the usual, etc., etc.

I do admit that although I did die the most (at 9 deaths, with the second highest being Cool and a couple of the sticky situations early game I could have gotten out of, but didn't play it right.

I do want to finally comment on the matchmaking system. I've seen a lot of threads on the boards complaining about it, and it is my turn to say what I have on my mind:
Although this is my first game, I can definitely tell matchmaking is awful. I, an unranked, first timer, was put on red side with a silver and gold, as well as a few people whose ranks I do not know (they were borderless). Now just just looking at borders won't always tell the whole story, because I know there are players out there whose MMR is better or worse than their current spot. That being said, I should not have been put on a team with players that have managed to reach that high in rankings this season.

Now, I'm going to give a brief overview of each player in the game:
-Volibear: According to match history, this person had played a lot of ranked games with volibear recently, with both wins and losses. In game, our Voli did not talk in chat much, did not ping much either. He made several good ganks, while making some very bad ones too. Not a terrible person, but not an amazing one either. Maybe they were just having a bad day.
-Jhin: I was lucky to have an understanding ADC for my first ranked game. he didn't flame in chat whenever someone died, didn't be toxic or mean. Although we lost, I can tell he seemed to be a good person.
-Garen: according to the profile, this person is Gold V with 43 LP. Honestly, I'm pretty lost on what LP is/does, so i have no comment on this. He was pretty toxic along with Fizz in our game, but fed for almost the entire first 15 minutes of the game. That may or may not be an exaggeration (I don't know the real time.) But he was 0/8/0 for quite a while.
-Fizz: he seemed to know what he was doing, but blamed everyone else for his mistakes. Started out the game in the negatives, but climbed up. He was the Silver player.

Now, about our enemy team. I have little to say because they didn't say much in /all chat, so they must not be super toxic behind the curtain. We had a rough bot lane to fight against, but I guess that's just how it's meant to go.

All in all, I may try another ranked game or two. I'm interested in seeing what I get placed in first (most likely Bronze, but hey, we can try and achieve our goals, right?). I don't know if I'll ever have the intention of playing ranked. Before I used to say I wouldn't play ranked a lot, simply because I heard the community is very toxic. Still, I am interested in how I will get placed, and perhaps I look to have better teammates and matchmaking in the future.

EDIT: All of this being said, I don't want to judge every little detail about ranked on that single game alone. Yes, I know ranked can be toxic. Every kind of game can be toxic. Since it's such a common factor, I'd like to push it aside and try to see what qualities ranked has to offer.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:05 am

I'm too scared to go into ranked because i get told to kms enough already and if i mess up I'll probably be deleted.

On a side note: I'm trying to stick to quinn but i get bored of champs fast. I impulse bought lux and kennen so i might try them out. With Lux, is she more meant for mid or support. I preferred using her as a sup down bot, but apparently she works better in mid.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Hey, don't let those trolls get to you. I made a couple mistakes, and it's all fine. They're people on the other side of the screen and they can't do anything to you (I mean, report you, but most likely for wrongful reasons), so keep your head up! Very Happy

She's meant for mid, but I go support Lux a lot. Lux is a very good impulse buy, I'm sure you'll like her. The only problem I have with he is that she's so squishy, and although I started building Rylai's with my mages now, it won't work well for her. Her Q will stun, and her E already has a slow on it. You could argue that it would go with her ult, which is true, but overall, you're bett off building other defensive items.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:06 pm

(Gonna put this here and see if it gets more attention than the jungle that is the NA boards)

I made a champion for a contest in the MOBA room a really long time ago. I never got any feedback from the contest, no announcements I heard of about who won. I'm interested to see what you guys think of her.
Now, I'm not much of a tank/fighter player (I only play Teemo top and Gnar and Fiora when they are free week so i can learn) but I really tried hard to put her together. She has some such a long way from where she started. Could you guys give me some feedback? Just so I can see what to expect if I decide to create another champ again.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1adgbpzQ9-sOBY__NeSMbfPSElgZu3JXMKQWwnTViGtQ/edit?usp=sharing
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazabeam on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:30 am

Cruella wrote:I'm too scared to go into ranked because i get told to kms enough already and if i mess up I'll probably be deleted.

On a side note: I'm trying to stick to quinn but i get bored of champs fast. I impulse bought lux and kennen so i might try them out. With Lux, is she more meant for mid or support. I preferred using her as a sup down bot, but apparently she works better in mid.

Alright I ain't gonna say kys but learn two roles and some champs for those roles at least, you ain't bad even if I flame you because you flame me. But either way stick to norms for now and find champs to stick to before you go for ranked. Also don't buy magic resist against an AD champ. Vice Versa. You tilt me.

Lazabeam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:12 am

Currently Platinum IV in the new season, I can play lots of champion just in case someone snags my place.
Favorites :
Top : Nautilus(90 games), Jax(40 games), Rumble, Jayce Teemo
Jungle : Hecarim(80 games), Elise(40 games), Renekton, Vi(40 games)
Mid : Ahri(70 games), Viktor
ADC : Lucian(40 games, Vayne
Support : Nautilus(90 games), Thresh, Blitzcrank, Tahm Kench

Unlisted champs are below 30 games.

Achievements : I was at Platinum I at one point. Also turning a game of 5-26 around with a pentakill. We had a afk ADC from minute 15, and that game lasted 70 mins. My poor Hecarim had to do bot duties while taking buffs too.

I am playing at EU server.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:10 am

So PopstAhri chromas got announced and I really want one, but I also want to buy Nidalee soon because my friend wants to gift me a skin. I currently have ~3200 ish IP. Chroma skins during sales are 2000 IP and Nid is 3150. Don't know what I should do. ;~;

On a side note, we should do a champion creation contest or something, that sounds fun >u<
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:28 am

Aren't Chroma's only on sale in November?

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am

If you want to use Nidalee, you need to start mastering the javelins and ganking from blind spots and brushes. It does take some time to master javelins if you're afraid that you're wasting damage. Easy builds like AP Nidalee, which basically spam javelins and Pounce with Cougar form, but useless in teamfights.

I don't really recommend skins as they're quite the waste of IP/RP. I spent all of my IP's on champions.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumaSoul on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:26 pm

zzz adc's in 2017, it's basically only vayne/twitch/ezreal/caitlyn with hints of jhin. so boring as an ezreal main :/

the draven and lucian buffs seem good, but I think ad carry will need more work in order to be a really fulfilling role again.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Lux Gracetail wrote:Aren't Chroma's only on sale in November?
They supposedly go on sale twice a year, and since I'm not sure when the first Chroma sale will start, I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Nidalee right now so I can get the skin and practice while I wait for Ahri's chroma to go on sale (and hope I have enough IP by then), or just practice with Nidalee whenever she's on free week and just wait longer until I can get the Nid skin

XanthopoulusLurks wrote:
I don't really recommend skins as they're quite the waste of IP/RP. I spent all of my IP's on champions.

I guess it's fair to say that to some that's true. Personally I like a lot of skins, which is why I try to get them whenever I can, whether it be from RP or from crafting/gifts
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 pm

LumaSoul wrote:zzz adc's in 2017, it's basically only vayne/twitch/ezreal/caitlyn with hints of jhin. so boring as an ezreal main :/

the draven and lucian buffs seem good, but I think ad carry will need more work in order to be a really fulfilling role again.

Just play Urgot. Experience his meaty confusion as you face tank most adcs, ignore assassins and only do damage if you can land your e. Be impressed by your complete inability to take towers or generally push at all, as well as having the least range of all ranged characters (except pre 6 Gnar, and equalling Graves). If you land that E though, you get to kill people.

I didn't make that sound convincing, but he is a fun character. It's like playing a more tanky brawling Ezreal.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:54 pm

LumaSoul wrote:zzz adc's in 2017, it's basically only vayne/twitch/ezreal/caitlyn with hints of jhin. so boring as an ezreal main :/

Well, ADC has been forced to shit after 2016, like Bot Ziggs is a popular thing now. Bot lane was also infested with MF support after Worlds 2016.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:23 am

Dragonite99 wrote:
Lux Gracetail wrote:Aren't Chroma's only on sale in November?
They supposedly go on sale twice a year, and since I'm not sure when the first Chroma sale will start, I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Nidalee right now so I can get the skin and practice while I wait for Ahri's chroma to go on sale (and hope I have enough IP by then), or just practice with Nidalee whenever she's on free week and just wait longer until I can get the Nid skin

XanthopoulusLurks wrote:

I guess it's fair to say that to some that's true. Personally I like a lot of skins, which is why I try to get them whenever I can, whether it be from RP or from crafting/gifts

It will take 13.3333333 days worth of first win (only first win) to get 2000 IP back. So, even so... hm. I don't know which way to poke you towards, but I think buying Nidalee would be safe. Possibly?

Anyway, I see skins and stuff as a way to give back to Rito, since it's a FTP, that's where they make profit.

XanthopoulusLurks wrote:

Well, ADC has been forced to shit after 2016, like Bot Ziggs is a popular thing now. Bot lane was also infested with MF support after Worlds 2016.

Go SKT! =p= Only need at least 24 more worlds victories to have a skin for every champion. (Not including growths which would be... Well, they release about 6 per year so...)

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 am

rip fiddle my friend

cause of death: rito's shitty jungle

time to play the card master

ifonlyihadtime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top