What you don't like in the RP room?

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What you don't like in the RP room?

Post by Articuno on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 am

Something I don't like is how insensitive people can be.

For instance, asking the host (if they are a staff member) for an endpoll to their own RP. Seriously?

Or making fun of someone for not roleplaying perfectly. Come on, we all start somewhere. If you don't like how someone RPs, then don't RP with them, but for heaven's sake why do people find it necessary to tease and bully them? It's disheartening and downright rude.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismesis 413 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 am

I also don't like how much of a cult the RP room's become

I legit tried to come back again but literally every RP was closed

I kept getting called a godmodder for one of my Pokemon being a HA one even though the other person kept OHKOing mine with Tackles and Scratches

This is why I barely even want to come to the forum too
Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:43 am

Please elaborate on this "cult"
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Life's Rainbow on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:10 am

How do you mean every RP was 'closed'?
Life's Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:18 pm

I'm really sick of the spammed shitpost in amphy as well as well as how disrespectful people in there are to hosts. I'm probably gonna go on a full rant thread about it soon enough.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spade Magnes on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:40 am

Life's Rainbow wrote:How do you mean every RP was 'closed'?

Looks to me like a closed plot sort of thing. To be honest I don't care if a plot is closed, myself. To quote the motto of one of my OCs: "When you're out of options, you make some."

Actually, on the topic of plots...
Spade Magnes wrote:pages and pages of context

That. If someone's RP is particularly interesting I don't want to have to spend an eternity and a half reading context-- I much prefer something that lets one seamlessly join in. I mean, there's this one plot I want to join that's just rooted in so many different RPs and usually closed by some convoluted method that attempting to join it feels wrong-- and I can't dig through the context to find a way to join because really, there's a difference between mining for diamonds and attacking a wall of obsidian with a pewter pick.
Spade Magnes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:39 am

Cruella wrote:I'm really sick of the spammed shitpost in amphy as well as well as how disrespectful people in there are to hosts. I'm probably gonna go on a full rant thread about it soon enough.

If people are being awful in Amphy and staff aren't available to do anything about it (or simply don't notice it) please provide one of the room owners with:
The name of the person (or people) who are causing problems.
The time/date they were doing this (preferably with a log attached)
A quick summary of what they were doing wrong.

We do want to stamp this kind of thing out, but a lot of it requires we actually see it to deal with it. If someone is being a consistently poor presence then we will take action, but again... it has to actually be brought to our attention sometimes. Although I may seem to have divine favour, I am not a god.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:52 am

I hate RPing with people who use totally overpowered characters. I was a Prince in kingdom, and Hydre was king. He messaged me to say that I can be the king now, he's outta here. I messaged him back 'What? Why?' 3 words followed. 'God of war.'. I cannot tell you how painful it is to have to RP with someone like that. I am fine with a couple of people who do that, such as Marshall de Vos. He tries not to kill anything except for NPC's, so my characters will always be safe. Agh. It's just painful.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:22 am

Cave_Hamster Cubone wrote:I messaged him back 'What? Why?' 3 words followed. 'God of war.'. 
Seems like you misunderstood him. He probably left because he was playing a game called 'God of War'. Search it up.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:32 am

Fraction wrote:
Cave_Hamster Cubone wrote:I messaged him back 'What? Why?' 3 words followed. 'God of war.'. 
Seems like you misunderstood him. He probably left because he was playing a game called 'God of War'. Search it up.

Xp, I didn't There actually was a 'God of war' that was trying to kill everyone though. I had to deal with him after, with the help of the 'God of the moon' Razz
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Cave_Hamster Cubone wrote:I hate RPing with people who use totally overpowered characters. I was a Prince in kingdom, and Hydre was king. He messaged me to say that I can be the king now, he's outta here. I messaged him back 'What? Why?' 3 words followed. 'God of war.'. I cannot tell you how painful it is to have to RP with someone like that. I am fine with a couple of people who do that, such as Marshall de Vos. He tries not to kill anything except for NPC's, so my characters will always be safe. Agh. It's just painful.

That's actually more retrospective of the host than the roleplayer. If the host allows god roles(which a lot do), it's not the roleplayers fault for being overpowered, the host is literally allowing them to be a god.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:33 pm

This might be a quote chain going down:
Cruella wrote:
Cave_Hamster Cubone wrote:I hate RPing with people who use totally overpowered characters. I was a Prince in kingdom, and Hydre was king. He messaged me to say that I can be the king now, he's outta here. I messaged him back 'What? Why?' 3 words followed. 'God of war.'. I cannot tell you how painful it is to have to RP with someone like that. I am fine with a couple of people who do that, such as Marshall de Vos. He tries not to kill anything except for NPC's, so my characters will always be safe. Agh. It's just painful.

That's actually more retrospective of the host than the roleplayer. If the host allows god roles(which a lot do), it's not the roleplayers fault for being overpowered, the host is literally allowing them to be a god.

What Cru said is accurate. If a host has god roles, then they let a roleplayer RP said role, it is the host's fault, not the roleplayer's. Though I must say, I feel as if it would be better if the host has seen the RPer asking for the god role in question roleplaying before with/as other potential god characters. And if they are metagaming or godmodding, well, shit, they don't need to be RPing.

Godmodding = the act of controlling other players' characters.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aroma Lady Sealy on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Attention Seekers

People who ignore requests to RP and open plots, just to roleplay with a "big shot" legendary Pokemon or a well known RPer to make them look good.

Please people, look at the requests for a RPing partner first. If there are none, ask before barging into someone's plot. It's politer.
It just seems rude to me when people pine for attention by barging in to a legendary pokemon's plot and quickly resolving them when the post above it was a (Anyone wanna RP?) one.
Aroma Lady Sealy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:20 am

It bothers me more that people appear to be blind. Instead of just scrolling up when you enter the room or look for context clues to figure out the RP, people'll just do .rp, oftentimes right after it's been displayed.

Additionally, people seem to completely miss every single (open) tag in an RP like Freeroam. Literally like 6 different people have (open) at the end of their intros and you'll still see "((Anyone open for RP?))". It's really frustrating.

Last edited by Articuno on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:13 am

^ That. I mean, even though I never add the (open) tag to me RPing in FR and its variants (I just never did it, can't explain the why because I don't know myself.) you can assume that I'm able to be RP'd with. If I wasn't, I wouldn't post in the first place.

And still, still I have to wait for half an hour upward for someone to even notice. I'm not even angry about it. Though when my OC is finally noticed, I get an one-liner that defies near every part of description I've put into.

And that's what grinds my gears good sirs.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top