What you don't like in the RP room?

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What you don't like in the RP room?

Post by Kismesis 413 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:28 am

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:Please elaborate on this "cult"
As in, before a FR or something, everyone has PM conversations and says what their plot is and roleplays it in main
Like, I'm fine with that, that's cool

the part that gets me mad is

They'll have some plot like "the world is ending blah blah" and people will try to save it (not just me. I see other people trying to join it too.)
They'll say something along the lines of "oh you're godmodding because our base is hidden"
So me or the other RPers will say they're godmodding because the base isn't able to be found
They'll say "well you can find it if you try"

very vague, what the fuck is that supposed to mean

People start having more detailed ways for finding said base
The people finally say the RP is closed and then they basically have a PM RP in the main chat
There's literally no reason to RP in the main chat if it's two people doing a closed RP and it's about the world ending or something
Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:46 pm

I echo a couple things which have already been said.

Like Day of the Dead said, so what if I like Fall out boy ;-;. I'm not forcing you to like them. And just because I play the song in a prom, doesn't mean you should PM me on exactly why the reasons are that you don't like them.

People who don't help newcomers. I try to say hi to the newcomers, even if they seem kinda trolly. I had a recent exchange with someone who's name I won't mention, who kept insisting that it was the 'Same troll they've had all day.' If it was, then why has no-one muted them yet? I always try to HL someone to .site for them to welcome. Same goes for people who are just joining the room. It's fine if one person says hi to them, but leaving someone ignored like that is painfully rude.

The same user that I talked to about the trolls and newcomers messaged me asking if I want a CQ spar. I agreed, as I find that sort of thing fun. At the beginning, I thought he was just joking around, and I replied with similarly light-hearted comments. Eventually, they started to get more and more rude, and ragey, and salty. He was complaining about hax, and the fact that I had no skill. I won in the end, and put GG to hopefully put all that behind us, but he replied with a 'Lol, you suck.' and left.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:40 pm

eh cave that sometimes happens but
i once went on my oc called "the major sneasel" as an alt and pretended to be a new user
people were REALLY nice
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Ik, most people usually are, but a select few literally just accuse them of being trolls.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Endpolls with End as first choice
Endpolls with 'Yes/no'
Endpolls without the 'requested by'

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:08 am

When are endpolls being made that do either of the first 2? The third doesn't matter, but endpolls with end as the first choice or with yes/no shouldn't generally be happening, the bot should be handling all endpolls.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:16 am

Uh, I'm not sure if I fully understand, Rico, but how does the third part not matter?
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:28 am

Because I'm trying to identify a problem in the room, not a personal beef. Including the person who wants the endpoll is nice, but not a necessity. It's not something I'd go out of my way to fix, as it doesn't cause any problems in the room... I have better things to do, and thus it's more a pet peeve.

The way an endpoll is presented has to remain consistent though. It should always state that it's an endpoll, and it should always be
Continue
End

If that's not happening I need to know when it happens, who is doing that endpoll and how frequent that is. This kind of thing isn't just a matter of aesthetic, it's how things need to go for everything to be clear to the users and is the reason we have the .endpoll and .rppoll commands in the first place (due to some of the awful polls we used to get). It's an issue that would have to be addressed, as those are not valid polls at all.

So yeah, if you can actually give specifics on when or by whom invalid endpolls are being made that'd be great.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:44 am

I didn't want to imply personal beef is a matter in this, sorry. I also understand the consistent endpolls.

I was just confused at first, but now I'm getting the gist. Sorry!
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

Everyone is entitled to ask for an explanation of something, which leads to a pet peeve of my own.

People not asking for an explanation of something they don't understand, or more accurately, asking the wrong person and then not bothering to find a way to ask the right person, instead content to just complain that they don't understand it.

This is a bit of a complicated problem, but it boils down to the fact that the room owners in particular know most everything that goes on in the room's policies, and for the things we don't know we have a big enough picture to explain why it works that way anyway. Sometimes folks will ask staff, but staff doesn't always take the next step to ask staff in general (we have a skype chat for it) or specifically ask a room owner. This makes it very difficult for us to identify and fix common misconceptions. Similarly there can be problems (big and small) going on with the room, with users or with RPs that we simply don't know about because we're not omnipresent. It's just annoying to hear by chance that, for example, people think the legend system is rigged because I have two perms. It's an easy question to answer if people just ask me...
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Life's Rainbow on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:55 pm

You have no idea how much that problem bugs me. Curse my shyness.
Example: This one time there were 50 users in Amphy, but it was locked and Skitty was on. I couldn't summon the courage to actually PM Skitty and just sat around waiting (and occasionally RPing in FR/the RP after that) for 3 hours.
Pls help.
Life's Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:58 pm

When dealing with users with rank (Room Owners and Globals tend to be the scariest) the best thing I find is to ask yourself what's the worst that could happen? Nobody on PS would be able to get away with locking because you asked a simple question, it would be an abuse of power that could take away their power. Similarly none of the ROs can just autoban or put you on no tolerance without the rest of the room staff being involved.
So in short, the worst thing that could happen is we don't respond. Chances are this is because we're afk (I sometimes forget to leave PS). Yes we're scary, I can't really change that because it's just kind of a part of the whole thing... but if you haven't done anything wrong, then there's absolutely nothing bad we can do to you.

On similar things, when you're contacting someone (particularly me) for something you need, PLEASE tell us what you need, even if we don't respond. It's a pet peeve of mine when people just send me "Rico" or "Hi" and then wait for a response. Most of the problems you guys have are things I can solve even if you're offline, so if I'm somehow unavailable, just tell me what you need to tell me and I can handle it when I'm there.

Example A: "Hi Rico, I have a problem."
(15 minutes later)
Me: "Yeah what's up?" (User is offline, message unsent)

Example B: "Hi Rico, I have a problem with User A. They've been acting really weird and saying inappropriate things. Here's some logs"
(15 minutes later)
Me: "Thanks for bringing that to me I'll handle it right away." (User is offline, message unsent)

Both of these, the user has a problem that I need to handle. In the first case, it's never handled because all I know is there's a problem. In the second, I know what the problem is and although the user is now offline I can still look in to it and potentially solve it.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:26 am

When people quote RPs and such and don't cut out the irrelevant content.

User A: ((I think we're going to a gun shop))
User B: The dark wizard umbreon sighs dramatically.
Funny User: Ha ha dicks are great
User A: ((I've never been there before))
User C: Triangulating her enemies locations she throws a javelin in their general direction
User A: ((It's just I have a deep emotional connection to spears and my parents don't respect that))
Wise Guy: >Dicks are great
Wise Guy: Wat?
User A: lololol
User B: omg my eyes
User C: A ha ha I agree
Funny User: omg I meant to say chickens.

vs.

Funny User: Ha ha dicks are great
Wise Guy: >Dicks are great
Wise Guy: Wat?
User A: lololol
User B: omg my eyes
User C: A ha ha I agree
Funny User: omg I meant to say chickens.

Do you see how this is infinitely easier to read?
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:09 am

Life's Rainbow wrote:You have no idea how much that problem bugs me. Curse my shyness.
Example: This one time there were 50 users in Amphy, but it was locked and Skitty was on. I couldn't summon the courage to actually PM Skitty and just sat around waiting (and occasionally RPing in FR/the RP after that) for 3 hours.
Pls help.
I use to think like that, irl I never approached anyone who is far superior than me and I feared of getting picked on.
But PS! has built my confidence, approaching mods, ROs, globals, they all scared me at first but I'm not scared as I was before because of time and experience. Now I can approach most people, but real life is different than PS! so I still have doubts to myself.

Also quick question, does this thread apply to all RP Rooms in PS?
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aroma Lady Sealy on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:10 pm

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:
Please enlighten me on "unique" OCs

Cia- An arrogant, bossy and over the top Gengar
Lana-A rebellious, wild and argumentative Clefairy
Avela- A charasmatic and goofy Persian with a love for food and puns