What you don't like in the RP room?

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What you don't like in the RP room?

Post by Shun Kodori on Sat May 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:
TheWanderingArtist wrote:/me goes to Flying
"flying lord cq"

Wandering's eyes widen in shock and annoyance. How did he manage to enter her kingdom undetected? "..Just who are you and what are you doing in my kingdom?"
"i'm electric lord and i want to cq."
"So, you snuck into my kingdom, planning to take it, when it is yours that will be taken instead!"
"stop stalling and accept my challenge"

- If Flying wins -
"i lost due to hax that was cheap"
- If Flying loses -
"lol skrub stop playing in cq you suck at it.

In other words, those that don't even try to RP in CQ, and think it is only about battling. They do those infamous one liners, and challenge every kingdom there is. And in battle, oh my goodness. They are rude about their opponent, saying things such as, "Ew, who runs band Ferrothorn." and, "You suck at this game lol".
READ THIS: This is the RP room. Pleeaase make an effort to RP. This is the RP room. Pleeaase stop insulting other players, this isn't a tournament, not all are great at battling.
thats not the worse:
http://pastebin.com/hCMAah35
"One doesn't need to 'RP' to the kingdom." -Nips(Luxio), 2015
My reaction: Well then lets leave the RP Room and play monotype instead
...Anyways its not that I hate main and stay in amphy 4ever, no I dont hate it in general tbh, I hate people who take a side of the RP Rooms we have. I mean whats the sense for siding between 2 rooms? they're both rooms for RP'ing for the roleplayers. Additional: Oh I hate Nips also

Wow. not even new people in the room do that, right?
luckly, things will change with the new rule that was added on CQ

also, another thing that i have found to dislike in the rules are gramar nazis. not the ones that simply point out your error (I'm ok with those) but the ones that decide to make fun of it, or even use that as an argument against your skills on hosting something (yes, that did happen)
Not everyone has english as their first language and even if they do, a mistake will happen sonner or later.

Shun Kodori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Trials IX on Sun May 24, 2015 3:31 am

Just a quick little thing before I'm caught irl..

I'm going to sound like a bratty child. But do I hate it when someone snipes my Type in Conquest!

Even worse when I knight with them and they don't even RP, making it impossible for you to even do much because Weakness Hunting will get you hate, and your own Team, a knight team, will leave you more vulnerable against other Types you want to Conquer.

There are plenty of users I have grudges for. But I'm not going to hurt anyone's feelings and keep them to myself.
Golden Trials IX
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://tinyurl.com/GTIX-Website

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sun May 24, 2015 3:38 am

Agreed GTIX! But it's not so bad when you want to experiment with a new type, so I don't have a problem with it too much.

other stuff:

Self Proclaimed Best Manectric in RP Room
Self Proclaimed Caterpie
My PS account is Sabre (Manectric). Feel free to say hi!
I like RPGs...?
AxeBane's --> http://prntscr.com/6zscmt
Thanks to Blue Kitteh/Articuno and Axebane for these awesome banners!
IT'S TIME TO TIP THE SCALES
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neon Nights on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:41 am

Shun Kodori wrote:Just a place where you can vent about stupid things, i don't know if that's really allowed so, forgive me if this breaks any rules (yes i did read them)
just point out something you don't like in the PS RP room, remember that it's about the Room in general, not just one singular Person of the room.

i'll guess i'll start it to give an example

I don't like the "Suicidal" route that the Room has

when i say suicidal i mean, digging their own grave, for example

*CQ is winning*
Random person: i don't like CQ, there's barely any RP in it, i wish more people tried to do it
*CQ wins*
random Person: *DOes not even try to RP in it*

or

*MM wins, host poll is being made*
a bunch of random people: i don't really like MM anymore, most of the hosts just do a cliche setting for it
*Host poll is out*
a bunch of random people: *Votes for the "Cliche" MM doc*

it's just.. annoying to me that they complain and yet do nothing to try to change that

Kingdom is FR Candy to amphy! <votes prom>
Neon Nights

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by MightyenaBoy on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:11 am

Ayyy (Didn't think you'd see me here? Alas, you are wrong!)

My biggest pet peeve in the roleplaying room? When someone of + or above in rank derails your RP in OOC by doing something humorous. Yes I know, they were just trying to be funny, but sometimes it just...gets out of hand, and that leads to endpolls upon endpoll because of 'Nobody is RPing, better endpoll!'.

Another thing is when people complain how OP a type is in Conquest, or how weak it is. ALL TYPES ARE STRONG IN THEIR OWN WAY. For instance, water has a multitude of good typings, moves, and in general, water types tend to have a good BST. Psychic types have a variety of coverage moves, good megas (for both knight AND warlord), and ways to break physical/defensive walls easily. (With their own walls, might I add).

Hmm...oh, and of course, another peeve is when I see unorganized docs that manage to win. Throwing out a document for a host poll that doesn't look clean in the least, shouldn't be allowed. If you want to host something, put effort into it to make it neat. Such as trainer docs having a nice background color, and an easy to read font. I can't see what the route Pokemon are if they're so brightly colored you know.

Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:01 pm

I don't know if it counts, but I've noticed a few things.

First of them, is that this room ain't really as friendly to new users, at all.

I've seen a few cases, new people try to join in, try to learn about the whole rping thing. Now, if they don't know one crucial thing in another person's rp, they're labelled as noobs.

Oh, also the elitist attitude in amphy.

Note that I'm not referring to all people, only a majority.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:46 am

I'm going to go ahead and say I hate people who use the excuse of "I'm new" in order to shitpost and make asses of themselves.

I'm sorry, even if you're new to the site, you should know how to be a good presence in any conversation. Bad grammar? Eh. Bad roleplaying? Fine, you're new. Being a bad user? No reason why you should be excused.
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:20 am

If we're to talk about elitism, don't worry, main is also really elitist in ome subjects, at least some people.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Letter E on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:13 am

At this point, I'd really like to point out one thing I commonly refer to as "BORP"-ing.

BORP(Battle Over Roleplay)-ing is exactly what is sounds like. Everyone's in battle. No one's RPing. The chat is being filled up by shitpost and/or OOC and/or trolls, and the occasional "Less OOC" from the mods.

Why even?

Also, I dislike people who have 1 on 1 conversations and fill up the chat with OOC when they could just BRING IT TO THE PRIVATE MESSAGE CHAT. IT EXISTS FOR A REASON, PEOPLE.
Letter E

View user profile http://im-not-a-nerd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:37 am

Alright, I gotta ask something I've been in today, and that definitely pissed me off over ANYTHING that happened in here since monthes : people asking you to stop roleplaying with others. If that person doesn't wanna RP with someone, he/she can just say it. You're not god, or anything, to tell someone to not do something. (except Auth regarding serious issues, of course.)

Seriously. That sucks for the one you're targetting, MAYBE for the other person.

So don't do it.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Day of the Dead on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:05 pm

I can go with Pyyrhron's statement but with a little bit more. The quality of roleplays are decreasing because no one takes them seriously anymore, not even the hosts of the roleplays themselves. I take my hosting seriously and try my very best to make the players think about their decisions and try not to make the roleplays I host just to move along and get popular, unlike some people. I try to spread messages and try to make original plots based off of real things in life, not just a silly, undescriptive one-lined host.

Even in actual RPing no one takes anything seriously. Although I have seen more and more paragraphs lately, I am still seeing those unprofessional one-liners without any detail about what they're doing and it just sickens me. I am not forcing you to write heavily and forcing it upon others to be "professional" as I am just expressing my opinion.

No one takes RP seriously anymore. That is my point.
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:05 am

Except that one liners ARE a way to describe efficiently something, but eh. Still getting your point.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumaSoul on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Day of the Dead wrote:Even in actual RPing no one takes anything seriously. Although I have seen more and more paragraphs lately, I am still seeing those unprofessional one-liners without any detail about what they're doing and it just sickens me. I am not forcing you to write heavily and forcing it upon others to be "professional" as I am just expressing my opinion.

You don't really need detail for mundane tasks. Would you prefer a short, about 10-17 word line, or a long and lengthy response that relates to...sitting up and having a gust come around?

Sometimes, it pays to be short and sweet...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top