Re: What you don't like in the RP room?

Post by Yung Kujo on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:39 am

I still don't have voice
Yung Kujo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fitzmagic on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:36 am

1. Old users who think they are better than newer users because they have been here longer.

2. Users who harass other users over what type of pokemon they are. (Ex. Ew why are you a Lucario it's so overused). If you don't want to rp with that person don't, but your two cents is never wanted.

3. Users who act like they know the rules better than the staff.

Ryan Fitzmagic
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:23 pm

People who think roomauth are gods beyond gods. (This isn't a deep hate, it just somewhat aggravates me. And no hate towards staff intended. I'm talking about the people who don't believe anything unless it's confirmed from auth.)
The Sceptile Named Energy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Yung Kujo wrote:I still don't have voice

I agree. The fact that you're not voice means that the RP room should go into Freeroam War III, where RP battles Art and the sacred place no one can go into: Lobby.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desire Set My Heart Afire on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 pm

1. Toxic, lots and lots of toxic.

2. I got blacklisted before I could host treefoam ecks dee
Desire Set My Heart Afire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:43 am

From a staff perspective:
1. People not following advice and breaking rules after I've tried to explain it to them fifty times
2. Old users who try to belittle staff because they are old or w/e
3. Users who attack new users for no reason other than just "hey you are new!"
4. People taking warns/mutes personally and holding it against you
5. Passive aggression from users.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:43 am

I would say here that "I dislike cruella xD" but the first post doesn't allow me to put a single person... what a shame.

1. I dislike people that are aggressive towards others just because of a certain topic they happen to be talking about.

2. Forgive me to say this, but I also dislike the fact that amphy users still bring all their sass to the main room when amphy is closed and they're all like "huhhh amphy is so much better than here everyone roleplays decently at the very least and we get very little trolls". Please. Spare me and everyone else of your PJSalt.

3. I dislike bad trolls. Where're the trolls from a couple years ago, they at least were funny and didn't spam generic bolded stuff. :/ :\ : |

4. ... Cruella xD

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafu and Azami on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:39 pm

I honestly don't like people pushing the envelope of things,
i.e sexual references etc...

I know I sometimes do it myself but I try refrain to do so.

And I also don't enjoy Half-Assed Documents, especially for RPs.
The font is too large and there isn't enough information.

Honestly It's my opinion, I don't mind if people disagree with it.
Mafu and Azami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:35 am

Here's another thing I dislike, but to a lesser extent than You Need Perms Harassment.
So, in recent doc creation, many custom creators have included something like "Pokemon/Gijinka are not allowed in this custom" or "humans/humanoid Pokemon only please". And you know, I've no problem with this. Everyone's entitled to RP how they want, and even if I have no interest in RPing as a human (since if I want to simulate being a human, I can just go for a walk), it's not my business if anyone else wants to RP that way or in a custom where that way's the only one that fits.

What does annoy me is when you're reading the options for a hostpoll for a PokeHigh or Kingdom or... Basically any RP at this point and all of your options forbid RPing as a Pokemon. ...In the Roleplaying room of Pokemon Showdown. I get that customs might sometimes not fit Pokemon too well but why has it become so popular to do it that way?
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yung$$$ on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 pm

For me, I'd have to say salt endpolls. I know they're not that common, but come on! Just take the L like a man and go be salty elsewhere.
Yung$$$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Because I feel like venting some more I've got another thing to stick in here, specifically something that happens rarely, but that I looooooooooooooooooath, that being people on PS! whose 'thing it is to be rude'. Let me give you what these people say and what they mean:
Person 1: "[something unnecessarily insulting, pointlessly rude, or generally vile]"
Person 2: "Well that's rude."
Person 1: "I'm not exactly known for being nice, dear."
Translation: "I know what I said made me look like a total git, but I'm a total git in general, so it's fine."
What's most infuriating is that select mods whose 'thing it is to be rude' totally get away with being horrible to people because of this 'excuse'.
tl;dr: Doing something as your so-called 'thing' or 'trademark' doesn't justify it.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail97 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Spyke (Gallade) wrote:Because I feel like venting some more I've got another thing to stick in here, specifically something that happens rarely, but that I looooooooooooooooooath, that being people on PS! whose 'thing it is to be rude'. Let me give you what these people say and what they mean:
Person 1: "[something unnecessarily insulting, pointlessly rude, or generally vile]"
Person 2: "Well that's rude."
Person 1: "I'm not exactly known for being nice, dear."
Translation: "I know what I said made me look like a total git, but I'm a total git in general, so it's fine."
What's most infuriating is that select mods whose 'thing it is to be rude' totally get away with being horrible to people because of this 'excuse'.
tl;dr: Doing something as your so-called 'thing' or 'trademark' doesn't justify it.

Doesn't help it too when they're 6 of the same type of people in the same RP.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:53 am

There are several things that bother me about the room. 

1. People complaining about something but have no idea what they want to do or do not want to improve that thing or fix it. (ex: saying that MM sucks and hosts are unoriginal but not willing to try and host themselves)

2. Bitching about one-liners or commenting on too many paragraphs. Everyone RPs with their own style. If you don't like how someone else RPs, then don't RP with them. Live and let live.

3. People feeling entitled to something (Voice, legend perms, hosting, etc.). I'll be the first to admit that gaining recognition or even a hosting position is difficult. However, everyone goes through the same struggles. You're not the only one going for Voice and you're not the only one getting denied legend perms (that's a general statement, in case it wasn't clear). 

4. Bashing on a user because you don't like their ideas. This applies to anyone who comments on someone's OC for being "too edgy", hating on a custom because they don't like or don't know the fandom, or saying that your idea is better than someone else's because you think so. Having an opinion is okay. Not liking something is okay. Taking out your disgust on someone else and shitting on their work is not. 

5. Using PokeHigh as an excuse to shitpost and fuck around. This goes for both students and teachers. It's become so much of a cesspool that I want to remove it (alas, such a thing will not happen so don't get your panties in a twist).

6. Corrupt mods. Every staff member has a stick up their butt omg they try to enforce the rules and they volunteer their free time to watch over the room and ugh they just annoy the crap out of me because they think they're so superior :/

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koki on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:18 am

1. The fact that people have lives, myself included.

2. I'm the most boring staff member that's active. smh no one wants to rant about me.

Viva la vida~
          Koki
Koki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:42 am

Apparently I haven't posted this one, but my biggest pet peeve: Greet botting.

I really hate it when users I don't know see me come online and go "Hey Rico!" The only time this would be acceptable (to me) is if you also said "Hi [name]" to every other user who enters the room, which would probably get you in trouble for spamming.

I do realise that I'm a Room Owner and to some people that's a big deal, but I simply don't have an ego big enough to desire special treatment over any other user. Sure, I expect you to respect the decisions I make, but otherwise I'm just trying to use and enjoy the room, just like you. I don't expect every user to greet me the second I enter the room, and neither would you.

This is actually a very large part of why you will only ever see me RP in closed RPs on my main account. If I want to do anything with regular users, it will always be via an alt. Funnily enough this was a major motivator behind initially using Mew, as it has Transform and allows me to play a single OC over multiple accounts.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next