What you don't like in the RP room?

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What you don't like in the RP room?

Post by LumaSoul on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 am

I wish people would actually PM any issues they have about the room or its users to a staff member's PMs instead of starting a fight about it in the public room. It just turns the room into a huge mess.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeaidfuis on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:18 am

If Im being honest here, the RP room in general is slowly deteriorating. Rusty is almost never opened, Amphy rarely opens and whenever it does its used for normal rps (that's only from what I've seen). I'm noticing a lowered quality of rping (What with people one-lining and shitposting more often then paragraphing) which could be attributed to a lot of the serious rpers moving to Discord, which in all honesty, shows more appeal to a lot of people and lets them host things that aren't able to get on in the normal polls.
Jeaidfuis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:22 pm

PurplePeahen wrote:/me goes to Flying
"flying lord cq"

Wandering's eyes widen in shock and annoyance. How did he manage to enter her kingdom undetected? "..Just who are you and what are you doing in my kingdom?"
"i'm electric lord and i want to cq."
"So, you snuck into my kingdom, planning to take it, when it is yours that will be taken instead!"
"stop stalling and accept my challenge"

- If Flying wins -
"i lost due to hax that was cheap"
- If Flying loses -
"lol skrub stop playing in cq you suck at it.

In other words, those that don't even try to RP in CQ, and think it is only about battling. They do those infamous one liners, and challenge every kingdom there is. And in battle, oh my goodness. They are rude about their opponent, saying things such as, "Ew, who runs band Ferrothorn." and, "You suck at this game lol".
READ THIS: This is the RP room. Pleeaase make an effort to RP. This is the RP room. Pleeaase stop insulting other players, this isn't a tournament, not all are great at battling.

I'd comment here but who the fuck am I kidding, this is it.

Oh, and shitty one liners in general. You know, the guys who only rp for romance purposes, don't try to put any effort at all, are quite oblivious to criticism and don't try to improve, deliberately ruin rps for others or just start one-lining and caring about only battling in Conquest and nothing else. Broaden this to 'I hate bad rping and bad rpers', really. I don't have to list names-pop into main like any hour of the day, look for freeroam, and either cringe (me) or talk to a friend about it and have a good laugh (also me).
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm

I don't like that flying has like 15 good matchups and only 2 that are a somewhat challenge. (tip: none of those two are weaknesses)

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 am

i dont like vassals

/me goes to fairy kingdom as ghost

"oh ssssssupppp man you gotta uhhhhhhhhh fight my DARK vassal"

"...fuck"
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 am

Divine Aerial-Noivern wrote:
TheWanderingArtist wrote:/me goes to Flying
"flying lord cq"

Wandering's eyes widen in shock and annoyance. How did he manage to enter her kingdom undetected? "..Just who are you and what are you doing in my kingdom?"
"i'm electric lord and i want to cq."
"So, you snuck into my kingdom, planning to take it, when it is yours that will be taken instead!"
"stop stalling and accept my challenge"

- If Flying wins -
"i lost due to hax that was cheap"
- If Flying loses -
"lol skrub stop playing in cq you suck at it.

In other words, those that don't even try to RP in CQ, and think it is only about battling. They do those infamous one liners, and challenge every kingdom there is. And in battle, oh my goodness. They are rude about their opponent, saying things such as, "Ew, who runs band Ferrothorn." and, "You suck at this game lol".
READ THIS: This is the RP room. Pleeaase make an effort to RP. This is the RP room. Pleeaase stop insulting other players, this isn't a tournament, not all are great at battling.

I'm not the best battler in the world, and like everyone else I get wrecked by Weakness Hunting.
I try to RP in conquest, but I get knocked down by Weakness Hunters and more "Experienced" Players.

We still use weakness hunting as an excuse?
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 pm

When people post three times instead of editing their post. Luckily I can delete extra posts.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumaSoul on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 am

People who constantly make it a point that they've been in the room for a long while, and are always in some sort of nostalgic mood.

People who still use "one-line" as some sort of insult.

People who still post (and even spam) outdated memes that feel like they belong in 2002 in the roleplaying room.

Intentional no-effort roleplaying. I don't mean whatever trash people call "one-line", I mean people who intentionally RP like crap and/or shitpost. Infuriates me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septette on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:18 am

I'm going to have to say something.

When you get people who actually RP with you in conquest, only to have to fucking leave because your family can't let you enjoy the RP you're having, thus throwing you into a depressed mood for a while.

Also, Alolan forms. Not just any alolan forms- Specifically Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales. They've gotten ridiculously common and I'm starting to see people try killing them off. At least I had half a mind to play as an Alolan Rattata... And then got my butt kicked by people who did not care. =/
Septette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 am

Those 'altered-shinies' basically shiny pokemon with unique colors.

Quite possibly the amazing overuse of every eevee evolution, but it's mostly Sylveon & Umbreon for the most part.

Intentional bad rping. Just the people who try to rp shittily, or are only invested in quick shipping, or who's 'rping' consists close to purely of stale memes.

Elitism fucks who think they're better than everyone like myself, hence why I want to improve!

The sheer amount of people who fail to realize that criticism is infinitely more helpful instead of stating for the umpteenth time that a document is bad. Seriously, fuck me, pointing out something is bad isn't bad in itself, but telling them how to improve it is a better use of your time and is infinitely more useful.

Then we have the slowly declining state of the rp room in general. Okay, I won't allow myself to say that one-liners are bad-I will say that the general host and general rper's rping skill (and yeah more or less user quality) is lower than it once was like a year or so ago-this isn't taking into the account the amount of actual decent users we've just suddenly lost. I feel like the room isn't really enforcing quality anymore, hence why most of the good rpers are moving to discord/rp forums. I'm not saying we should punish them, but when a HUGE majority of the room is 'bad' (scroll up this comment a little) then there might be a problem. I'm not saying we only attract bad users-I'm saying that when the new rper takes a good look at the rpers who are extremely popular, and then looks at the general rping style of *mostly* everyone in main...yeah. Rising above the mold either means you're self-aware or mostly rp on discord (or like paragraphing). I mean, the room isn't dead, but it isn't as good as it was (and my memory only goes up to 2016-there's a big change).

Also, this one is minor, but why do rusty and amphy barely open these days? Their activity has mostly declined, putting all the more focus on main. I have never seen rusty open for months at a time now-and amphy is barely opening at 150+ users-not barring that both die monumentally faster than before. This might be unrelated-and potentially not a point-but even the general 'safe haven' that amphy was before has now changed due to the ever-growing flood of 'bad' rpers.

Kudos to the moderators for managing to stay sane while managing the rping room. Actually, final issue: Why does everyone think that the moderators hate them? Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, but this kinda makes it look like even the rpers have a general low standard for moderators.

Second-final issue: Mediocrity has gone from common to what the community sees as good these days. I know some people have already commented on how mediocrity is becoming what they except, but I still find it amazingly annoying (as a guy who regularly spends months trying to make his rps).

TROLLS WHO HATE MODS. ALL OF THEM.
(because I find regular trolls somewhat funny in how dumb they are)
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madman404 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Passive aggressiveness from all users alike. If someone is causing a problem, talk it out with staff or the user in question like a healthy human being, getting increasingly more aggressive without solving the problem is highly stressful for all involved and fails to actually fix whatever problem is causing it.

Low effort, "quick and easy" RP that is not mutual between both involved.

The whole idea of this crazy, rampant "elitism" that is apparently so toxic in the userbase, when the real issue is that everyone is too busy looking for a scapegoat to blame their problems on to actually focus on some real, genuine self improvement for their own good and the good of everyone around them. The staff are not the enemies of the users, they really do just want to help.

People giving attention to low-effort trolls instead of just contacting staff about it.

The entire concept of weakness hunting.

People who can't take constructive criticism at all, or fill their docs with meaningless "reviews" of people put on the spot in the last few seconds before their rp is inevitably eclipsed by freeroam.
madman404

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 pm

troll alert guys

"pm me ratings ill only put 10/10s on the doc"

older ppl always trying to show off how long they've been on the site, lol.

people not wanting to change because they preferred the older days where x didnt exist and was instead y xdddd
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 am

1.When people deliberately try to bad-mouth an rp just because they don't like you.

I once had a custom hosted and this one guy didn't like me because I pointed out about generic poke names this one time and he said his 'wasn't generic' then I reminded him how he named a steel type a metal. Anyways, he came on and even though it was in setup and a friend of mine said he wanted to join, he straight up said 'no!' and he said he wouldn't join. He tends to do this in all my rps.

2.Custom Priority hating:

Not gonna explain this one, pretty self-explanatory.

3.People who complain about school:
This is kinda minor-more minor if it's uni, because that's actually far more challenging-but fuck me, we've heard you already about how much you don't wanna go to school. Deal with it. Or play PH to remind yourself it isn't all bad.

Last edited by LumaSoul on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : this isn't a name and shame thread, keep your needless shade-tossing out.)
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top