What you don't like in the RP room?

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What you don't like in the RP room?

Post by LumaSoul on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:50 pm

MightyenaBoy wrote:My biggest pet peeve in the roleplaying room? When someone of + or above in rank derails your RP in OOC by doing something humorous. Yes I know, they were just trying to be funny, but sometimes it just...gets out of hand, and that leads to endpolls upon endpoll because of 'Nobody is RPing, better endpoll!'.

This makes me feel guilty about 50% of the time I OOC. The other 50% is me being serious with it, or telling off other staff. Sad

MightyenaBoy wrote:Hmm...oh, and of course, another peeve is when I see unorganized docs that manage to win. Throwing out a document for a host poll that doesn't look clean in the least, shouldn't be allowed. If you want to host something, put effort into it to make it neat. Such as trainer docs having a nice background color, and an easy to read font. I can't see what the route Pokemon are if they're so brightly colored you know.

Eh.

I disagree. It's the host's effort in actually composing the RP in chat that matters, instead of the document that comes with it. Though, I'm thinking more about MMs where plot comes over doc. If it's incomprehensible, then that's an issue. If it's just not visually appealing yet contains necessary information, I don't see what's wrong personally.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arensen (Gardevoir) on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:44 pm

The one thing, the one singular thing I hate would be when people ignore my character design. Whether in FR or CQ, this happens far too often for my liking.

In CQ, we get the usual:

/me walks to kingdom and (shock horror) knocks on gates.
No, you can't just knock on the gates. It's a ruined arch, standing alone in the desert, with little sparks arcing across it (yes I did RP in a hyperspace pocket once as psychic). There are no gates to knock on, I've already told you this, please actually listen!

However, one of my favorite (read: incident that's still pissing me off today) incidents occurred in FR recently. I was RPing as a massive sentient storm cell twenty kilometres out to sea, and I received the charming

(unnamed) egg: rolls up and bumps into arens foot

A moment of silence for the unnamed egg, who perished in a thunderstorm out to sea, once upon a midnight's rain.

That, if anything, annoys me the most. When I put time and effort into a character or location's design, quirks, backstory, and appearance, and someone just ignores it with a flippant "knocks on gates" or "bumps into foot".
Arensen (Gardevoir)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Goddamn eggs. Nobody likes you, just link sonic "OC's"
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 am

Prob is, those people might not jave been here when you did your desc, or the desc happened 3hour ago. Nobody can remember a full chat going sonic for a lot of time

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry (TyGijinka) on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:56 am

Trainer.

Just.. Trainer.
Garry (TyGijinka)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:31 am

Uni.

Just, Uni.
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:09 am

Not Uni, pokeHigh* x) I guess... To everyone it's thing. But one RP I truly despise because of the nowadays hosting AND rping in, is MM.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:50 am

What I don't like?

Jeez, a little... Something to get your mind into gear, but a few stand out after some thought.

Let's begin with FR.

As much as I love the freedom of developing a little seed of our OCs, (I'd recommend you get used to my metaphors soonish) quite frankly, no one else's give the time or effort to help invest a better outcome to your RPing. Whether it be a 'sentient egg,' (instant ignore/irritation beyond the stars above) a 'one-liner RPer' (ie /me walks around the forest) I definitely have had a good few of RPs with good RPers, but they're too far and few between, sadly. Another thing is the random people who decide it's funny to ram in and attack your OC, without reason to cause frivolous disturbance that destroys my motivation entirely. Depressing and violent OCs and RPs are what absolutely makes me want to be devoid from the running RP of FR, FR or not. Some people just want a peaceful and purposeful Roleplay with other people, not random nut-jobs going the typically cliché berserk and 'goes on a wild rampage to kill <insert group of RPers with no consent to do so> Agitating me to no end, it's what I absolutely hate when people do that. If people want a goal or a specific aspect to achieve in their timeframe of RPing in Freeroam, let them do it. Don't interrupt them, don't ruin their fun, if you want to RP with the suggested group, ask. And if they say 'no,' don't go salty onto them or mock their ideas, because you couldn't just deal with it simply, and had to make it difficult. People make it really difficult for people wanting to seriously RP with others, yet people find irritating amusement in intervening other people's concepts and attempting ideas to cointeract with others. Other situations are when you want a steady and progressive plot to a location/outcome that takes time, but people just want to 'hurry' it up and magically find the solution/plot key to solve the conflict or problem at hand for the running FR. Other problems is critics on OC ideas. An example being my Charmeleon OC: Teresa burns Wood. She can set herself alight due to a molecular infection from the sun, whom of which she is after to destroy. Now, I know destroying the sun is impossible, but complaining and whining to me about it isn't going to change anything. It's my idea, and your complaints aren't needed, or appreciated. I'm trying to make an idea different and unique, I don't need people criticising and critiquing me about it. Just move on.

Next would be CQ.

Yeah I know, I'm a salty person, but the four times of experiencing the same stuff of failure with endless criticism as to no skill and 'blowing my top off,' I'd rather not risk another fault spiking until I gain some 'control,' as well as better battling skills. But it is worth noting CQ can have good RPers, just not frequently enough to get me motivated and/or interested. Sorry.

MM would be a final mention.

I'm sorry, but this is the most blasphemous I've seen of 'bad RPers' in the whole five or so months of RPing here. Whether it be horrific host description of deaths, (not pointing fingers at anyone) zero plausible and rational reactions that correspond the the OCs character, and making fresh ideas for a host-able doc is a difficult job. Difficult indeed. And the amount of serious RPers to comments and hold up the RP, host included. Most people are beginning to undervalue the time and effort someone is taking hours or more to develop something for others to RP in. Seeing as MM focuses on murders and finding the culprit/s, (obviously) I don't see many people following that up that seems... Human. I know they're Pokemon/Gijinkas/Humans blah blah blah, but seriously. Think about what you're RPing about, it's difficult, but it could affect everyone else. Don't get me wrong, some MMs I've done are great, but not enough that are.

Might add more detail if I feel I haven't covered everything, and/or grammatical or spelling issues due to the size.
FluffyDeoxys

View user profile http://mecha-crobat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Alright. I will talk about Conquest.
Conquest is an RP where there are 18 kingdoms, each pertaining to the types.
Well, some people think it's just fighting. Here's an example.
__Enchidio was sitting in his throne in the fourth floor of the kingdom. The many gates and statues laid outside the (Type) Kingdom, and four guards stood in front of the gates.__
Person: /me knocks on gates
Me: __Enchidio went to the 1st floor being carried by many Contrary Inkays, and they laid the throne chair in front of (name). Two Malamars surrounded him.__
Person: "i wanna conquer you" __takes out pokeballs__
Me: "Oh, you think you can sneak in... avoid my guards, my Malamars? Well... you think you can get away with conquering me?"
Person: "you just dont wanna get REKT"
*Battles*
If I win: "you know you won only by luck you're a noob you have no skill"
If I lose: "ha you're weak never play pokemon ever again"
I have encountered this before. Another story.
Me: __He relaxed in the fairy kingdom, petting his Pokemon.__
Person: __Walks in__
Person: "I'm gonna conquer you! I'm obviously gonna win"
Me: "Yeah, okay."
Me: Sweeps with Mega Mawile
Person: you're an idiot you know you won only by luck there's no way you couldve won
Something similar to this has been encountered as well.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:46 am

Typing a paragraph to reply to a dialogue that gets disrupted by another reply from the same person that has nothing to do with that you're typing.

Roleplayers who ignores the plot but instead make one themselves.

Reptiles in ZA.

Hosts that makes non sense.

Bad Hosts.

Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:30 pm

The fact that whenever someone asks to pm rp and you attempt to rp with them they say "ugh, not you"
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:25 pm

The amount of people wanting to PM RP with me when I state repeatedly that I never have, and never will, PM RP.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ifritt on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:33 pm

what I don't like in the RP room is the people in it tbh

Ifritt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoreLight on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:13 pm

i don't like that lorelight kid
LoreLight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aroma Lady Sealy on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:22 pm

I have seen someone completely ignore a Pokehigh I was cohosting and start teaching there own class, despite not being a teacher on the document. What was that class that was being taught? Memes 101. That person even got a few people to join his 'class'. I hated that. Please keep individual plots to Freeroam and other roleplays like that.
Aroma Lady Sealy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top