What you don't like in the RP room?

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What you don't like in the RP room?

Post by Fraction on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:58 am

Ugh.

Tbh, the thing that the room suffers the most is from elitism and favoritism. I'm pretty sure someone said something about the host's username being removed from the hostpoll, instead giving them a number, e.g. 'Host no.1: An MM in a haunted house'. Or something like that, so that they actually have a chance in hostpolls.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spade Magnes on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:15 am

Fraction wrote:I'm pretty sure someone said something about the host's username being removed from the hostpoll, instead giving them a number, e.g. 'Host no.1: An MM in a haunted house'. Or something like that, so that they actually have a chance in hostpolls.
That would work...
...if hosts didn't advertise their docs.
Considering the way they advertise removing hosts' names from the hostpolls is pretty much just gilding the lily, too-- it'd be pretty easy to match up the docs to the hosts.
Spade Magnes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:24 am

If I pointed out everything that is wrong with the room, I would get banned for it.
Alisae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyhn on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:15 am

Siiigh...

As someone who loves MM, it saddens me greatly to see that it has become by and far the rp that's actually good the least often. I've seen it all. Hosts that have literally no idea what the hell their doing, players who do nothing but yell at other OCs, players that are salty about dying (Example: "I always die first, I hate this rp" *endpolls*)

And by far the worst offense... Good MMs being endpolled when there's only one killer left anyway. Come on, it'll be over in less than, hell, 30 minutes, are you seriously that impatient? It's really rude to the rp to end it so soon before it ends itself, all you're doing is not giving the host/players an ending.

MM has become a complete joke, and as an rp that can be so much more than that, it's really depressing
Flyhn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismesis 413 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:30 am

Alisae wrote:If I pointed out everything that is wrong with the room, I would get banned for it.
I'm with you on that
Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kismesis 413 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:49 pm

cancer is a noun
you can't use it as an adjective
Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spade Magnes on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:29 am

Alisae wrote:If I pointed out everything that is wrong with the room, I would get banned for it.
"My sentiments exactly!" --Optimus Prime
Spade Magnes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:56 am

I have a great list.

People who refuse to let you join a plot they never said was closed in the first place.

People who HARSHLY tell you to leave their closed plot when you were unaware it was closed.

Being bummed out of the mood to FR. When you're trying to chardev.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Fraction wrote:Ugh.

Tbh, the thing that the room suffers the most is from elitism and favoritism. I'm pretty sure someone said something about the host's username being removed from the hostpoll, instead giving them a number, e.g. 'Host no.1: An MM in a haunted house'. Or something like that, so that they actually have a chance in hostpolls.

I realise this is a little late but I wanted to explain why we didn't do this (as I've been the main opponent to it).

Quite simply, it's because we want users to be known for hosting good and enjoyable RPs. You are given the power to pick your poison. Think about it this way, you know user X is a good writer, and user Y is new to the room and not very good at roleplaying.

User X and User Y both get put on a host poll. User X has a generic setting, but you know what they're like, they'll give you a really interesting atmosphere when you play. User Y has a really obscure and different setting, but knowing them it will likely be poorly written and potentially abandoned part way through.

Knowing who your hosts are, you vote for the one you know will be good, rather than taking a chance with someone you either don't know, or know to produce a less enjoyable experience. If you didn't know the hosts at all, you would be voting purely off a 3 word blurb on the RP, which isn't really very indicative of what the RP will be like. "Oh but Rico we can let them have their doc in the poll". All they have to do is be online on their doc when someone looks at it and people can see who it is. Hell they could put their name on their doc if they wanted, that'd be a crazy thing to try and police.

So in short, we use this system because we want you guys to have the power to not only get RPs you want, but to consistently get Hosts you want. Yes, it means there is some difficulty in becoming a new host, but if you keep trying and you show yourself to be a good writer in other ways (such as through roleplay), you may get the chance. Once you show you can host well, you'll find people will be excited just to see you on the poll, which is something other users pick up on, if everyone's excited they MUST be good!

In keeping with the theme of the thread, I dislike that there's not enough PTU in Rusty, but I'm not interested enough to make it change.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:24 pm

I really dont like the lack of help new people get. I dont get why others arent willing to just take a few moments out of their time to explain how the site works along with the pointing them towards the room intro and everything. It always seems that I end up doing it, or a few staff members like Chi does. Additionally, I dont like it how new people are looked down upon or disrespected by various members of the community, and just flat out ignored because they arent 100% comfortable with the room instantly. And then all the time if they dont use ooc straight away, because they dont know what to do, everyone just calls out troll.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:30 pm

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:People who use cancer as a descriptive word. Kill yourself.
So apparently telling people to take their own lives is acceptable?

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:03 am

Today, I was trying to knight for the dragon kingdom. There was a knightship battle, and I breezed through the lord's team with Scarf Tyrantrum.
Then the lord said that I'm not knight because scarf is unfair.
Legit.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top