BAN IT (Chatot) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Agility/Nasty Plot
- Chatter
- Heat Wave
- Boomburst

Chatot is my bae. Agility/Nasty Plot+Sash can make it outspeed some of speedy pokemon, Nasty Plot can make it deal massive damage. Chatter deals decent damage with bonus STAB and Confuse. Heat Wave destroys some annoying Steel pokemons. Boomburst is a wrecking ball to some pokemon who doesn't resist it.

Last Hit (Ambipom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Last Resort
- Fake Out
- Fake Out

Typical hardhitting Ambipom Set. Life Orb+Technician+Fake out can deal massive damage with a bonus flinch. Last Resort is a Massive damaging move with STAB and Life Orb.

Hit it (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Protect

Loppuny is a good Pokemon when fighting against Ghost because of Scrappy. Fake out can break sash and flinch. High Jump Kick is a gamble, It can miss and deal damage to the user but, Deals a ton of damage with STAB and it can damage Sableye pretty nice too even with a burn. Fire Punch is to destroy some of Steel types. Protect is for checking some of the opponent's moves and it counters a High Jump Kick from an opponent as well.

Paint it (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Mean Look/Anything

Spore+Mean Look is a good combo when the sleeping pokemon is not gonna switch. Sticky Web is a great hazard for winning as it can make some of the pokemon in this team outspeed the opponent. Stealth Rock is you know, Sash Breaker.

Transform It (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

Setting up? Scarf.

Gamble it (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Psyshock

Hyper Beam deals A TON of damage with Adaptability to pokemons who can't resist it. Tri Attack for statusing pokemons. Psychic for fighting coverage. Psyshock for some pokemon who have frail defenses but, large Special defense.

Lord Team: Mega Lopunny -> Mega Kangaskhan

Feel free to dump it to the garbage truck!

Curricull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Annoying Chatter"

Post by Galom on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:44 am

I'm seeing a lot of these "creative" Normal teams recently, and I don't like the trend. People really don't seem to know how to use this type anymore, as they are simply missing staple Pokemon that should be on absolutely every Normal Monotype team.

First off, you need Staraptor. Staraptor is really not optional on a Normal team if you truly want to be competitive, as behind Mega Kangaskhan, it's simply the best Poke at your disposal. Your team is utterly destroyed by any fast Fighting-type such as Mega Lucario or Mega Gallade (you're literally 6-0d by either of them once Smeargle's sash is broken), so you should run Choice Scarf Staraptor to revenge kill them or force them out. I would recommend you replace Chatot, since it's probably your weakest 'mon, and there are much better SpA wallbreakers at Normal's disposal.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Secondly, your Porygon-Z set is not good. A TwistedSpoon-style set, though interesting, is not how you should be using it. Since you will have so many Choice Scarf users after adding Staraptor, I recommend you use Specs PGZ. BoltBeam and Tri-Attack STAB form nice coverage, and Trick is good for breaking walls even better. This thing hits insanely hard with a SpA boost from Download stacked on top of the Specs--it's more powerful than having a Nasty Plot up.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
Timid Nature
- Tri-Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Also, don't use both Smeargle and Ditto. They are both primarily used for hazard control (you can lead with Ditto to steal their lead and get up rocks), and they are both 'mons that don't put in a huge amount of work barring that. You should only use one, since you are basically forfeiting a battle-capable 'mon for a supportive one. I suggest you change one of them to physically-defensive Porygon2, since it is an outstanding Pokemon on Normal teams and can give you the ability to wall even some weak Fighting-types.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Recover

Next, I recommend you replace Last Resort Ambipom, which is a set I really just don't agree with at all, because it's 100% useless against Ghost, with Chansey to complete a defensive core with Porygon2.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock / Aromatherapy

Run Stealth Rock if you elect to use Ditto, and Aromatherapy if you use Smeargle.

Finally, fix your moveset on Lopunny. You're not using it to its full potential. Protect is a wasted moveslot, since Fake Out allows you to Mega Evolve safely without it.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch / Power-Up Punch / Toxic / Heal Bell

Last slot is largely a "tech" slot, allowing you to either have greater coverage, the ability to set up, the ability to beat some of Lopunny's counters, or the ability to support the team.

That would leave your team with the squad of:

Staraptor
Chansey
Lopunny-Mega
Porygon2
Porygon-Z
Ditto / Smeargle

This is a much more respectable, capable team. Hope I helped.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curricull on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:15 pm

I should really do that. Even though I can CQ kingdoms with my creative team. I'll test it if it works better!
Curricull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top