The Flames of Hell(Fire Warlord Team)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Flames of Hell(Fire Warlord Team)

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:59 am

So I noticed there was an RMT here in PS! RP Forums, and yes I am the nobody: Hyperion 830, that uses bird spam

Burd Spam (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Acrobatics
The priority revenge killer, he only gets out of the pokeball in the late game to successfully sweep.Talonflame, is just too good that its inevitable to use it, i mean who doesn't want to use such powerful pokemon? 1]Priority Brave Bird on a banded Talonflame is OP/Burd Spam is OP 2] The fastest Physical Sweeper on the team, good for countering set ups that dont have priority moves 3] Its Acrobatics is gonna be spammed incase that choice band is knocked off.  U-turn for momentum

Torkewl (Torkoal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Explosion
I needed someone to take out hazards off my field.I never actually liked Torkoal in the old days, but now here he is, on a RMT to showing off that his kewl 1] Great defenses and the only fire type pokemon with Rapid Spin, no crit hax 2]takes out sticky webs and stealth rock so my other pokemon can sweep with no obstacles 3]Explosion for pokemon setting up and is a threat to the team, Toxic is to cripple down tanks

Ash (Delphox) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
Delphox is a good poke with very good coverage and good speed 1]Scarfing Delphox makes it almost unstoppable and its psychic typing makes it unique 2]Dazzling Gleam for Killing Dragons and dark types, Psyshock for killing Sp.Def invested tanks 3]Trick for trolling hazard or set up sweepers that are still setting up

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock
So Infenape is a MUST on every Fire Team, its the only reliable fire type pokemon with rocks 1]Stealth rock set up is needed in every team 2] Its attacks still hurts and bruises alot of opponents 3]Taunt for anti Destiny Bond, anti hazard set u[ and anti set up sweep

Garry (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory
- Fire Blast
The Odd Ball of the team(Its my nature to add odd balls to my teams), his been very good addition to the team 1]Eruption+Specs is just too much fire power 2]Blaze+Specs+Fire Blast deals high damage incase typhloshion gets to low health 3]HP Grass for anti Water and Extrasensory for coverage

trollcarona (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
Lastly the #1 troll: troll mode, activate. Volcarona is also a staple to every Fire Team, you just cant get enough of it(unless its your opponent) 1]Setup sweeper of the team and is good with quiver dance 2]Has bulk, speed and special attack and gets boosted when it set ups 3]Giga Drain is for anti Water and Bug Buzz is more powerful STAB move for Volc
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Flames of Hell(Fire Warlord Team)

Post by Curricull on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:59 am

Pretty good! But. What if the opponent has 2 Stealth Rock user? And if that Talonflame is killed. Liquid Ooze Tentacruel can almost stall the others.
Curricull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:59 am

Extrasensory, Psyshock from Typloshion and Delphox<-for liquid ooze tentacruel
I dont exactly just sacrifice torkoal for nothing, I'll just explode if there's a major threat for the team
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm no good at this, but I can try...

For Talonflame, you may want to replace Acrobatics with something else. Some teams don't even run Pokemon that have Knock Off users, so it's a waste of a moveslot. I've never used a Talonflame before (let alone a Banded one), so I don't know what you can replace Acrobatics with. Roost / Tailwind is pretty useless for a Banded Pokemon. Er, sorry if I'm not much help.
And like what was said before me, Infernape is a suicide lead. Talonflame will die quickly due to recoil. After that, your team can get walled by special walls such as Chansey. Just thought I'd point that out?
And you say you run Extrasensory on Typhlosion for coverage. Against.. what? Not all Water teams have Tentacruel. Unless I'm missing something...
Finally, you should change the 4 attack EVs on Torkoal. Rapid Spin is going to do no damage anyway, it's useless trying to boost that.. "power". Perhaps to SpA or even SpDef?

E: Oh, your Volcarona. I've seen physically bulky Volcaronas flying about. Once you get enough boosts from Quiver Dance, SpA hits won't do anything, because of the boosts, not the EVs in SpDef. You should move them to defense..?

Feel free to ignore this post, I'm not too good at battling anyway. Just thought I may try to help out. :P

Last edited by TheWanderingArtist on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :P)

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:31 pm

I dont exactly: Bring Out Talonflame and waste its good power in the early game!
Most of the time I do: Reserve the ff for late game: 1)Talonflame 2)Volcarona 3)Delphox
And I actually run Lava Plume for: BRN Hax and STAB
I can hit water hard with Giga Drain and HP Grass
I think I'd replace acrobatics...but I dont know what tho..If Talonflame just got Fighting type move...Im still thinking about what to replace acrobatics
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:37 pm

I take it you're trying to run a hyper-offensive Fire team here? I'm going to make some changes to try and help it fit that build a bit better.

With a build like this, it's not even worth running Torkoal. It sticks out like a sore thumb on your team, being a (wannabe) wall on a team of threats. Its only true draw is the ability to spin, but hazard control is not something hyper-offense builds even consider, since it will only slow you down. I recommend you simply drop it and rely on Suicide Lead Infernape as your SR setter.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Endeavor

Stealth Rock is the main point of this set, and is a staple of any hyper-offense team. Taunt disrupts slow leads that would otherwise try to get hazards up. Close Combat is used for smacking anything for some good damage if Infernape somehow manages to not get knocked down to its sash. Endeavor is used to surprise offensive leads after setting up rocks, preventing them from switching out unless they want to die on Rocks on the way back in.

Another flaw I notice is that you're way too Choice heavy. Teams like this are incredibly easy to abuse for defensive / balanced teams, and can result in easy setups for massive threats. The easiest way to remedy this is to use a Mega Pokemon. I can tell you want to use Talonflame, but in honesty, it's just not worth it on a Fire-type Monoteam as your Uber/Mega/Legend, since it really only allows you to seal-club types that you should be able to defeat anyway. I'd recommend Mega Charizard Y as your team captain, since it gives you a workaround to both Ground and Water, as well as supporting the rest of the team with Sun.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Fire Blast is chosen for wallbreaking purposes, absolutely destroying anything that does not resist it and isn't named Chansey. Focus Blast lets you smack Heatran, which is otherwise a big issue for this team, and is quite common on CQ Steel. Solar Beam is a staple on Mega Charizard Y, as under the sun it gives you a powerful stop to Ground-, Rock-, and Water-types that would otherwise prove problematic to a Fire team. With those three moves forming such great coverage, the last moveslot is used for Roost, allowing Mega Charizard Y to overcome its crippling Stealth Rock weakness to an extent.

After adding Charizard Y and removing Talonflame, it becomes very obvious that you're lacking priority and speed control. To better fit your team, I recommend you replace Scarf Delphox with Scarf Darmanitan. This gives you a good physical hard-hitter and a nice revenge killer for big threats.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Finally, you need something to replace your original offensive Infernape. Arcanine can fill in this gap decently well, and gives you some strong priority for even further speed control.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

And, I'm not gonna lie, I don't agree with the use of Typhlosion, but I'll bite since I don't want to change literally every 'mon on your team. It's sort of made obsolete by Mega Charizard Y, since they fill similar roles, but you can use it if you really want to.

That would leave you with a squad of:

(Suicide Lead) Infernape
(Wallbreaker) Mega Charizard Y
(Revenge-killer) Scarf Darmanitan
(Physical attacker) Offensive Arcanine
(Wallbreaker) Specs Typhlosion
(Sweeper) Volcarona

Not my favorite kind of build, but at least it'd probably net you some wins. Hope you're successful.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:15 pm

@Galom would you think the uprising Screener Rotom-Heat would work, replacing Typhlosion?
this set i mean:
Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
I've been seeing a lot of those when I was laddering in monotype...so wynaut x3
Also I've been thinking to make Volc Timid so its doesnt get simply out sped
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 am

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:@Galom would you think the uprising Screener Rotom-Heat would work, replacing Typhlosion?
this set i mean:
Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
Are you sure they generally run Specially Defensive? I honestly don't know--I don't ladder Monotype much. I think this set would work, but I don't know whether it should be physically or specially defensive. Either way, it would help you to set up with Volcarona for a clean. Don't lead with this thing, obviously, since Infernape is already your lead.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 am

Galom wrote:
Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:@Galom would you think the uprising Screener Rotom-Heat would work, replacing Typhlosion?
this set i mean:
Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
Are you sure they generally run Specially Defensive? I honestly don't know--I don't ladder Monotype much. I think this set would work, but I don't know whether it should be physically or specially defensive. Either way, it would help you to set up with Volcarona for a clean. Don't lead with this thing, obviously, since Infernape is already your lead.
I don't exactly remember, but I tried special wall, next time the test will be physical wall
I commonly bring this up after Infernape, cuz I prio to set up rocks
I noticed I lack something to kill dragons..I think HP Ice over Bug Buzz should be good on Volcarona
Threatlist:Mega Salamence, ScarfChomp(I'll make complete threatlist soon)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top