[RMT]Dragon's Fairytales - Dragon CQ team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT]Dragon's Fairytales - Dragon CQ team

Post by Mikhail97 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am

Hello unnamed rater, welcome to the magical book of fairytales, entitled "Dragons". Beside this book, is a boring book about how Dragons do not exist. Now, take the boring book, and burn it. If you're in a library, better, light the book on fire, throw it in the pile of books. Now, let's see the team of Dragons, shall we?

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Honestly, the reason I chose Garchomp is because you can't do wrong with it. Druddigon just seemed inconsistent. Stealth Rock Tyrantrum. I know only 1 person that use it. And it holds a sash. So does this Garchomp. Moves are standard, probably Fire Blast stood out. This set allows Garchomp to 2HKO Ferrothorn (If Special defensive, assuming it didn't use Leech Seed/Have Leftovers).

Revelant calcs :
4 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 232-276 (65.9 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Leech Seed heals 12%, assuming Ferro doesn't have Protect)
4 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 176-208 (50 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Hydreigon itself, is known for having sheer force. On the Choice specs set, that is. To be fair, the only reason Hydreigon is here, because I am greedy cause I liked Hydreigon so much. But I don't want to use Specs on this, because The next mon, Dragalge, holds the specs, and secondly, just trying something new. I liked Roost as a form of longevity, maybe avoid a Sucker Punch or two.

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave

General Fairy check. And at this point, I realised why am I doing crap damage with this thing. I was using Poison Point on my teambuilder. Crap. Might have cost me a game there. But then, yea. 136 spe outspeeds base 50's (Azumarill), moves are standard. Scald is just to pry some damage with burns.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

The Mega, the powerhouse. Mega Altaria is very good. I underrated it when it was introduced. I'm sorry, you beautiful fluffy cloud. You're fabulous. And also, the title is made using this Mega. It's used, to mainly stop Dragon spam, just incase. 64 HP survives non boosted Adamant Bisharp Iron Head. Rest, is standard as ever. It doesn't hurt if you use Frustration, just to prevent Transform shenanigans.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

Special wall. Like really, getting 3HKO'ed by Greninja as a Dragon type is too good to resist. Draco Meteor, STAB, didn't want to use Dragon Pulse due to being deadweight. Fire Blast for Steel, Sludge Bomb for Fairies, and Tbolt is just to kill Gyarados, cause it sets up on Goodra easily. Goodra, best wall. Gooey chosen over Sap Sipper cause, out of Spore and Leech Seed, I don't think I am getting hit by Grass attack, and that +1 attack isn't helping.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

POWER. Just purely power describes this thing. I used to have Ddance Dragonite here. Never again. CB Bulky Dragonite proved clutch and class in a lot of situations. Outrage for nuking stuff, Fire Punch and EQ prevents Steel walling, and Espeed for that sweet +2 priority. Couldn't go wrong with it.

Biggest threat here is Weavile. To be specific, Sashed Weavile. I always need to sack something to kill it.

That's all, hope you all can help me here, thank you.

-[END]-

Last edited by Mikhail97 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wrong ability so gud)

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT]Dragon's Fairytales - Dragon CQ team

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:55 am

Mikhail97 wrote:Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave

Double check your teambuilder rofl

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chleg on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:07 pm

I can see an immediate problem and that is you have WAY too much power without any speed backup to back up. Your highest base speed right now is 102 and that is really bad for a team that seemed offensive by my eye. If your going to use an offensive type like Dragon (In CQ), you MUST use a scarf. In fact, you need to use a scarf in almost any team excluding stall.

I think your best bet is to scarf your Hydreigon with this set..

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

This Hydreigon offers power to the team while keeping a profile to sweep with a good consistency when all your threats have been defeated.

Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are staples to Hydreigon.

Fire Blast defeats Steel types when Heatran is gone and when prepared, can easily sweep Ice. Flamethrower is slashed if you prefer consistency over pure power.

Earth Power has more super effective moves under it's belt, being able to defeat Rock, Poison and Steel (which is important since this is scarfed). However, Flash Cannon has access to defeat more of it's weaknesses including Ice and Fairy and in some cases, Rock.

This is your choice, if you want to take the Hydreigon then take the set.

Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail97 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:53 am

Chleg wrote:I can see an immediate problem and that is you have WAY too much power without any speed backup to back up. Your highest base speed right now is 102 and that is really bad for a team that seemed offensive by my eye. If your going to use an offensive type like Dragon (In CQ), you MUST use a scarf. In fact, you need to use a scarf in almost any team excluding stall.

I think your best bet is to scarf your Hydreigon with this set..

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

This Hydreigon offers power to the team while keeping a profile to sweep with a good consistency when all your threats have been defeated.

Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are staples to Hydreigon.

Fire Blast defeats Steel types when Heatran is gone and when prepared, can easily sweep Ice. Flamethrower is slashed if you prefer consistency over pure power.

Earth Power has more super effective moves under it's belt, being able to defeat Rock, Poison and Steel (which is important since this is scarfed). However, Flash Cannon has access to defeat more of it's weaknesses including Ice and Fairy and in some cases, Rock.

This is your choice, if you want to take the Hydreigon then take the set.

Ya, I think I'll do just this. Cause the other scarfer idea I got is :

Xanthopoulus: Scarf the goodra
Mikhail97: Fuck no
Mikhail97: Who the fuck
Mikhail97: Scarves a goodra
Xanthopoulus: Me
Mikhail97: Why
Xanthopoulus: Cause no one expects it
Xanthopoulus: Plus Gren is removed now
Mikhail97: No just go away

Yes, I see your 80 base speed, Goodra. But just no.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:37 am

This is honestly a pretty solid team already. I'm actually quite impressed. Most teams on this site make me want to replace like every 'mon, but I can't argue with many choices here.

-You want Focus Blast somewhere on your Dragalge. It's the only thing that gives it utility against Steel teams.

-If you are a Warlord team, use Sub Roost Mega Salamence as your team captain. If you're playing a Knight, Altaria does fine.

-I agree with previous suggestions that you should run Choice Scarf Hydreigon. Consider U-Turn on its moveset if you're going to choice it.

-You don't want 3 Choicers. If you choose to follow through and Scarf Hydreigon, change Dragonite back to Lum DD Dragonite.

I personally don't like Goodra, but I'm not gonna recc that you change it, since your set is solid.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail97 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:18 am

Galom wrote:This is honestly a pretty solid team already. I'm actually quite impressed. Most teams on this site make me want to replace like every 'mon, but I can't argue with many choices here.

-You want Focus Blast somewhere on your Dragalge. It's the only thing that gives it utility against Steel teams. ACCEPTED

-If you are a Warlord team, use Sub Roost Mega Salamence as your team captain. If you're playing a Knight, Altaria does fine. DECLINED

-I agree with previous suggestions that you should run Choice Scarf Hydreigon. Consider U-Turn on its moveset if you're going to choice it. ACCEPTED

-You don't want 3 Choicers. If you choose to follow through and Scarf Hydreigon, change Dragonite back to Lum DD Dragonite. ACCEPTED

I personally don't like Goodra, but I'm not gonna recc that you change it, since your set is solid.

I'd like to keep Mega Altaria, cause I find Dragon mirror matches EXTREMELY annoying to play against. Like, for instance, someone with Scarf Outrage Garchomp after Rocks can just screw me over, also, it's like a safety net that stuff like Scarf Salamence don't do on a killing spree on me.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:58 pm

>worried about mirror match
>is playing Conquest

You need to rethink that logic.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:40 am

Galom wrote:>worried about mirror match
>is playing Conquest

You need to rethink that logic.

Sorry, he might have give it a wrong way. Opposing Scarf Dragons. (Salamence, Garchomp, etc) Cause, Hydreigon sits at a 98 base spe, which is awkward. Salamence can basically tear thru this team after a boost. Also, we also have coups. Dragon v Dragon is probably the worst matchup ever, since always, 'Spam your dragon moves and win speed ties to win'.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top