[RMT] Trivia's Mixtape- Fire CQ Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] Trivia's Mixtape- Fire CQ Team

Post by Trivia's Hornets on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:11 pm

This is the fire team i constantly use in CQ. I think it's okay, but i'd like to get some feedback too.

(Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This is to mess up the leads of teams by surprising them with a taunt, more than often making it so they cannot set up rocks. then they'll either switch out or attack. if they attack, you have a sash to prevent the KO and you get your rocks up. it has maximum speed to outspeed for the taunt and then rocks. if you're still alive, throw a close combat at them to deal some suicidal damage.

(Torkoal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Clear Smog
- Rapid Spin

Torkoal is often overlooked by many fire type mono players. it is the one and only fire rapid spinner (not saying there isn't defoggers), and is quite bulky. the lava plume is to get that 30% burn and bulk physical attacks with it's huge defence. clear smog is so when people think they can set up on it, you throw it in their face. Earth power is mainly for Heatran, as that seemed to be a problem to deal with in the past. it carries rapid spin in case the stealth rocks taunt doesn't work out.

(now for my favourite member)
(Arcanine) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

This is a great wall in general, it takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it tends to be a great asset to the team. First, the intimidate lowers the attack by 1 stage, then the burn cuts it in half from there. it also has a rocky helmet to totally deter almost any physical attacker. it has special defensive EVs because of the defensive wall nature of this set. The only problem i see with this pokemon is that it cannot touch a flash fire chandelure in any way. ( or heatran, for that matter ).

(Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

The reason i run charizard X over a legend or even y for that matter, is because it throws off many people, often using an electric attack, letting you set up a dragon dance. It also tends to give an upper hand on water teams and destroys walls with a tough claws flare blitz. you should mostly use dragon claw when attacking, to get the tough claws ability boost, and only use Flare Blitz in the event of a fairy or annoying walls. EQ is just for coverage on chandy and heatran or other fire types.

(Volcarona) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

volcarona is renowned for being a bulky special sweeper, in addition, this is sometimes a water team's worst nightmare due to giga drain and the weakness policy. Usually you would send it in to a water type, and go for a quiver. then your special defense is raised, upping the chances to survive, and then your speed is up and your attack is even higher if they use scald or hydro pump. then you're free to sweep with giga drain.

(Delphox) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Trick

This is kind of a weird member to the team, but in most cases just tends to be a better chandelure, with the blaze ability. Grass knot is of course for awesome coverage on heavy water, rock and ground types. Psyshock is a better psychic because it can destroy some special walls unexpectedly, at great speeds with the scarf. i often find myself sweeping some fighting monos with this. Trick also can disable walls that carry eviolite, such as Chansey or Dusclops.

Again, the only problem with this team seems to be flash fire Chandy or heatran. That's all, and thanks for reading!
Trivia's Hornets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] Trivia's Mixtape- Fire CQ Team

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am

I'm not sure with that WP Volc...i mean its cool you run a different set but im sure if it gets hit with a waterfall or by rock type moves i doubt it will survive, maybe replace that with leftovers so you can survive better?
I dont think Grass Knot on Delphox is good since not all water pokes are really heavy ie: Rotom-W, I think you should replace it with something...i prefer Dazzling gleam but its up to you
How about making Rocky Helmet Torkoal? and making that Rocky Helmet on Arcanine be a Life Orb since it lacks the offense in the first place being specially defensive
I noticed that you have major water problems, if there are times Water or something close to water comes at you you're probably dead when Charizard X is dead...so I think you should make that a Charizard Y so you have a wall breaker and a check to water types, also the free sun weakens the water and your walls can to their job easier...
I'm not much good with fire so feel free to not notice me ^-^
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] Trivia's Mixtape- Fire CQ Team

Post by Chleg on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:51 am

I can see a massive flaw with this and that is Torkoal's set. This set is highly stupid and not viable at all. Torkoal is supposed to be a PHYSICAL WALL not a mixed wall with the ability to do shit now you have assault vest, which stops access to Will-O-Wisp, Yawn and Stealth Rocks. This also gives access for Infernape to be used more offensively, not be used as a suicide setter which causes Rock types to take down your team since it's gone. Also, Torkoal is no where near powerful enough to be run offensively and with no recovery system, Torkoal will still die in no time at all. Secondly, but not as important is to change Torkoal's ability from White Smoke to Shell Armor to stop crits, letting Torkoal have a better chance to spin (Which is the main reason).

Secondly is Charizard-X, which is totally fine.. if you are using Ninetales.. If you are going to use Charizard-X, you need at least one sort of ability to get drought up which forces Water lots of switches immediately. I can't tell enough that if you are NOT going to use Charizard-Y, you need to use Ninetales for backup.

Third is Volcarona's item, Weakness Policy. This is absolutely not good for Volcarona since Volcarona's weakness mainly take down Physical attacks (Rock, Flying and some Waters.) Secondly, Volcarona's EV's are on full SpAtk and Speed so in that case.. I would prefer Lum Berry to get away from the pesky Thunder Wave and Toxic's with a free turn to set up.

Infernape is also a problem with this. (Look at Torkoal)

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock

Ninetales @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature