"The Brutus of the day." - Shadow the Absol OC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Brutus of the day." - Shadow the Absol OC

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:31 pm

Life. It is... truly a mystery. What are we supposed to do with it? Many have chosen paths of greatness: Abraham, Lincoln, MLK, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela. Yet, others chose paths of true, unending evil, of which we can not truly rival: Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan. But, in truth, life isn't about the choices you make: it's about where they lead you. To live, truly, is to live in infamy. To gain immortality, in the thought many have initially, is drear in comparison to TRUE immortality: being remembered. THAT is what we should all strive for: remembrance.

"To accept weakness is to accept failure. And to accept failure is to accept death. I'm sorry, but I will NOT accept death, under ANY circumstance, Mr. White."

Age/Gender/Level: 25 / Male / L:57

Personality/F*** off. Douche...
Shadow is, well, like a shadow to Haloh: he's in essence his exact opposite. He's a pessimist, never seeing the good in things, and if he were a god, he'd be the god of Depression and Hatred, because that's all he seems to do: sulk, moan, dismember, and hate. He sees life as one big joke, and HE'S the punchline, emphasis on punch. He sees other Pokemon as targets, or prey, to be killed without mercy. Or, at least, that's what many say about him. In truth, he's just damaged, having gotten very little love from anybody except his brother Haloh and "Darkside", who betrayed him worse than any Pokemon before or after. All his life, people have let him down, solidifying his heart into one of stone. His face is streaked with black tears of hate, and his skin is salty with said tears. He couldn't hate life more, and the only thing that keeps him going now is the thought of seeing his brothers when he looks around. It's the only thing that gets him to wake up in the morning...

Attacks: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Dark Pulse, Superpower - Sometimes carries: Perish Song, Detect, Frustration, Slash, X-Scissor, Mega Horn, or (very rarely) Curse.

Held Item(s): Absolite - it's what the gem on his head is, like Haloh; Choice Scarf - it's a gift from his father; BlackGlasses - a gift from Haloh (the #SWAG glasses).

History: "I won't forgive him... forgive him for what he did to me..."

*WARNING! VERY VIOLENT! DO NOT READ IF EASILY OFFENDED OR EASILY MADE SICK TO THE STOMACH. Thank you for your consideration. You have been warned.*

Beaten to Submission:
Shadow's childhood was spent playing with his younger brother, Haloh. They played pranks, hunted (though Haloh never took part in the kills), and had a great time. However, those happy memories are one in a few. So much of his mind is filled with hatred and pain, for instance, when he was using the bathroom at school, the school bully decided it'd be fun to smash his head into the rim of the toilet seat, over, and over, and over again (which gave him an 8-ball fracture: an injury that stains your eyes black because of broken blood vessels above your eyes; you can still see), until he passed into unconsciousness. That was nothing compared to the tortures he went through with his mother. She was a sadistic psychopath, bent on torturing her children, in various ways. Her favourite games with Shadow were "Gas Chamber" and "Iron Tag". In the former, she'd lock young Shadow in the bathroom, with a bucket of bleach with ammonia mixed in, creating a kind of homemade mustard gas. She'd keep him in there until he began to throw up blood, then she'd let him go. In the latter, she chased Shadow through the woods behind their house with a hot tire iron, and if he were to be caught, shed start to smack him with it, often giving him 3rd degree burns. His only solace was with Haloh, and his brother, "Darkside", who both went through tortures similar to him. However, his first betrayal came when "Darkside" murdered his sister, Hannah, right in front of him, simply because "Darkside" knew Shadow loved her more than him. Like Haloh, he was sent away with Hannah's Healing Wish, which relieved him of his dark past, and sent him away. However, when he awoke, he was alone on a quiet man. With his adolescence, sadly, only came more hardships.  

Alone:
Shadow's life, from this point onward, can be arguable. He says it was a blessing to lose his memories and be forced to fend for himself: he'd already had the necessary tools to survive from hunting with Haloh. However, what he will often neglect to mention is his many, many betrayals on that mountain. He learned the hard way, after nearly being eaten on his first day awakening, to trust no Pokemon, after a seemingly nice Mightyena lured him into a false sense of safety, before trying to rip out his throat. Too many times later a Pokemon'd promise him something, only to try and use him to their advantage. Soon, his heart was that of obsidian. However, it appeared to him that his life was to turn for the better, when, to his surprise, he met another of his species. She was beautiful, sly, and a tease. And Shadow loved her. She led him to her tribe, where he was integrated into them. He spent the next few years with them, hunting, training, and loving his discoverer. He eventually became so revered that he was pushed to the top, and became the Alpha. He got the red-eye marks of a tribal leader, with red triangles above and below his eyes. He had officially become an adult, in their society. But, not all was as it seemed...

A Broken Heart; A Broken Neck:
Soon, another Absol was rising through the ranks, by the name of 'Benedict'. He was charming and powerful, but so was Shadow. The tribe took sides, and eventually the village elders decided that a battle to the death was necessary to decide who was going to lead them. Shadow was sure he was to win, seeing as how he not only possessed great strength, but he also had near-Herculean strength.

The night before the battle, Shadow awoke to a splitting pain in his side: a gash that stretched from his foreleg to his hind one, deep both in colour and in body. Groaning, he got to his feet, only to be nearly knocked out of his window, which, faced the Cliffs of Banishment, which had a height of over 50 feet, into solid stone below. He had managed to hook his claws into the window, and save himself. Or, so he thought. To his horror, the being that had knocked him out of the window had NOT been Benedict, no, it was, in fact, that very same Absol who had found him so long ago. She and he had grown close, and he loved her so much, he would do anything for her. But when he looked into her eyes that fateful day, he saw nothing, but that same, terrifying, sadistic gleam in her eye that reminded him so of his mother. Horrified, the only thing he could mutter, before she finished the job, was "Quin etiam tibi , Mata ?" - "Even you, Mata?" All she did was grin, as she lifted, tediously, one claw at a time, and watched, as her husband plummeted towards the arms of Death, so cold, so hard...

But Shadow would not die so easily. It took him almost a month of crawling, before he reached somewhere safe to recover, and plot, the gruesome, horrific massacre of his people. Another year passed, and he was ready, both mentally, and physically. He rose, and stalked up the mountain, in the dead of night; the light of the New Moon barely peeked behind the tip of the mountain, before steel clouds blotted it out, as if Darkrai himself were giving, no, egging Shadow on. He could feel it in his veins, no, his very SOUL. This, this genocide, was right. And so he began. In mere minutes, he reduced over half the village to rubble. Bodies littered the ground: men, women, even children fell before him. He had no remorse. His once brilliant coat was now slick and moist with the blood of those thought to be criminals, but were innocent to the whole. Finally, after an hour of massacre, he reached his old home. By now, the family had awoken, hearing screams cut short by the claws of Shadow. He entered the house, eyes wild, looking back and forth at the two cowards who had planned his death. Benedict's was quick: a simple slice to the throat. But Mata? She got the ultimate Irony. Lifting her by the throat, Shadow led her to the Cliffs of Banishment, and tossed her over. He watched as she plummeted, head first, into the stone. Crack.

By morning, he had washed himself clean of the blood he'd spilled earlier, and was already halfway down the mountain. What he didn't know, was that there was another stain, one unclean-able by any means. He was stained the colour of Sin, and it would never leave him. Those memories, they'd come back, after hearing that sickening crack. He was to be cursed with these memories. He relieved them many times before he'd reached the bottom of the mountain, where he broke down. One final stain washed over his soul, another never to leave him. It was the stain of Melancholy, the stain of Hatred.

The stain, of Guilt.

Relationships: Falcon (Scizor) - Deceased? - While his father wasn't as close to him as Haloh, "Darkside" (before his betrayal), or Hannah, he was still his father, and Shadow loves him so. Despite all that he wants to wish and believe, he knows him to be dead.
Haloh (Ampharos) - Alive - Shadow loves Haloh dearly, even though he will never reveal it to him. He has revealed more to Haloh than any of his other brothers, but even then, he hasn't told him of his past, after Hannah's Wish. He trusts him with his life above all others, and would gladly lay down his life for him, no matter how annoying he may be. He sees him as a friendly rival, as well as a brother.
The Triplets (Flare, Ace, Jake) - Alive - Of these, he most prefers to hang out with Ace, simply because he and Ace have similar tastes, both in food and in lifestyle. They are both quiet and enjoy quiet, and along with this, Ace already knows what Shadow has done, and accepts him for his sins, and more importantly, loves him, despite what he has done. Shadow would do anything for Ace, just like how he'd do anything for Haloh. While he doesn't quite get along with Jake or Flare as well, he does admire Jake's courage and Flare's love and capacity for knowledge, mostly about new machines, not to mention  his creativity. What he DOESN'T like about him is his incessant whining for him to be a test monkey. ("For the 40th freaking time NO! I WILL NEVER help you test your de-atomizer!" "Please Shadow! I need you to! Nobody else is around!" "NO!")
"Darkside" (Sableye) - Alive - "When I find that Sableye, I'm gonna- [REDACTED]!"
Hannah (Gardevior) - Deceased - Shadow never saw Hannah as a mother, but that didn't mean he did not love her. He saw her as the best sister somebody could ask for, and was broken when she perished to the claws of "Darkside". He thinks of her whenever he looks into a mirror, and cries himself to sleep over his inability to have saved her from "Darkside", for, he knows he is to blame for her death.

Likes!
Favourite Food: Mmm... I love me a good Tauros Steak... Maybe even Fried Farfetch'd? Mm... (he's a carnivore, if you didn't notice)
Favourite Hobby: Meditating, and thinking about what else I could've done with my life. Training's a close second.
Favourite Colour: Black, the colour of 'Mon's souls.
Favourite Season: Winter. It makes me think of the purity of the young and innocent.

Dislikes...
Hated Food: Any non-meat food. I also don't like spicy stuff.
Hated Hobby: Video Games suck.
Hated Colour: Blegh. Orange is just so... Obtuse.
Hated Season: Summer. It's just so... so hot... Blegh...

Theme Song: "The Joke" - Lifehouse

And that's Shadow! I'll do one of the Triplets next, so look out for that~

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The Brutus of the day." - Shadow the Absol OC

Post by evergreen lemose on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:06 am

Oh my lord that's gruesome! But I strangely like it. A very detailed story once again.
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Thank you for your well appreciated input. :>
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content