RustyRP: Request for Reservations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RustyRP: Request for Reservations

Post by Rico on Wed May 06, 2015 11:09 am

Yes, RustyRP actually is a real thing this time. I wanted to get it out immediately after April Fools but we can be a slow turning cog at times, so it has taken some time.

What is RustyRP? Rusty RP is actually the complete opposite of what the joke was. Closer to AmphyRP's original goal, RustyRP is a room that operates purely on a schedule. No roleplay will be running in that room if nothing is scheduled to run, and only the users scheduled to participate will be able to talk in the room at that time.

Schedule? What do you mean? At the bottom of this post will be a link to our current weekly schedule. A GM (Game Master, or Host) can request any 3 hours per week to run a roleplay in, from any of our five room owners. You CAN request more than 3 hours per week, but if someone else wants some of the time you have scheduled we will give it to them, only the first 3 hours will be protected from a double booking.

What can we do there? What makes it different? RustyRP is specifically for in depth campaigns and similar roleplaying endeavors for small groups of players, with usually no more than five for the experienced GM. The only content rules we have are the same for Pokemon Showdown itself, which means no graphic depictions of sex or violence. There are no rules against what you can play however, be it a particular pokemon (like Arceus or edgelord black hearted sylveon), or even a particular fandom (Prince of Tennis here I come!). You can run a freeform campaign, or you can use one of the hundreds of game systems available free, or at a price.
In this room, during your allotted time, you are the boss. You decide what your players can and can't do.

So how do I get my roleplay on the schedule? As mentioned, you need to contact a room owner first. You will then need to provide us with the PS name you're using, the players you've already gathered and a general idea of what your roleplay is about. We are basically looking to be sure your game will be fun for everyone and hopefully continue for weeks to come! If you're confused, try to make sure you've given us all of the following.

GM Name: (That's you!)
Names and number of Players: (All the poor saps you're playing with. Try to keep it between 2-5.)
Time: (What time on what days you want scheduled. Try to tell us in GMT +0, or let us know what time zone you're in.)
Game Description, Doc or Forum Post: (So we know what all you're up to)
One shot or repeating: (Is this going to just be the current week, or are you going to be doing this again in weeks to come? We need to know when you're done so we can free up more room on the schedule)

Do you have any further questions? Feel free to ask them below. Do you have a game you wish to run? Let the Room Owners know by sending us a PM! Also, please keep in mind that we're only human and it may take us days to process your request, so don't expect your schedule to be approved within a couple of hours to play right away.
Check out the current schedule!

Last edited by Jasmine on Wed May 06, 2015 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RustyRP: Request for Reservations

Post by needler on Fri May 08, 2015 3:37 pm

One thing I'd suggest: Please check the user who wants to schedule a roleplay, by check I mean see if they were banned for something that might cause a problem again or just simply see if they can even host something.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sat May 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Our approval process does involve checking a user to see if they deserve the privilege of RustyRP. When we let someone host we're taking in to account your past hosting experiences, your character, and, of course, the quality of the roleplay you wish to host. If you're running a tabletop campaign we also check if you have experience with it or similar rulesets.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alois(Absol) on Sun May 10, 2015 5:30 am

RustyRp is a cool idea,I love being able to RP with a select group and not
be intruded
Alois(Absol)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScoutTheRoleplayer on Wed May 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Aaaye. I got things.
ScoutTheRoleplayer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Wed May 20, 2015 2:45 pm

RustyRP is like a giant chatzy. It's a good idea to bring it into the room.
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriph on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:32 pm

A question. Are we able to reserve time in Rusty, and not host, since we're either busy, or not in the mood for it? I'm planning on making a custom that's too complex to run in Main/Amphy and a table-top (Risk-like) RP for Rusty. Am I able to book some time in advance, assuming I'm worthy of hosting? I know I haven't hosted in such a long time, it's cause I'm busy.

Well anyway, the last sentence I'm sure won't matter anyway. I'm just gonna leave this question here.

Thank you and good day.
Seriph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi (Infernape) on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:04 am

What happens in a situation where someone asks to host a roleplay and is accepted, but one or none of the people who are set to join it are present? Is the host allowed to ask for other people to join it, or does the roleplay simply not run?
Akemi (Infernape)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriph on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:03 pm

I dunno. I'm running tomorrow, but 3 or 4 of them aren't showing up. What I plan on doing is to change it up so it fits the rest of the crew.
Seriph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad (Lucario) on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Ha remember when it could only run on a schedule?
Chad (Lucario)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top