Conquest Etiquette

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conquest Etiquette

Post by Articuno on Sun May 10, 2015 11:59 am

Conquest Etiquette 

(A guide to Conquest mannerisms)

You might be wondering what in Arceus' name this is about. Conquest etiquette? What is this, some formal dinner party? Not quite, but the roleplay is notorious for serving up hot dishes of salt. This guide is to advise those who decide to read it on the ways to get by relatively unscathed by hate and ill tempered battlers. 

1. Do not weakness hunt. 

Weakness hunting is one of the most frowned-upon actions you can partake in Conquest. For those who do not understand what weakness hunting is, it's when you attack a type that has an innate disadvantage against you. For instance, if you have Fire and attack Grass. It's taken as a sign of weakness and rudeness. Most people will excuse weakness hunting if that type attacked and conquered one of your allies, but other than that, you will be more likely to be attacked by others if you do so - revenge hunting.

2. Do not comment in other people's battles. 

This happens fairly often: People flock to see a battle and laugh or comment on one (or both) of the battlers. This may include heckling someone for a bad set or criticizing a player's choice of actions. This behavior is classified as harassment and will get you muted. Not everyone is a good battler. Not everyone knows how to make a proper team and not everyone sticks to the meta. You do not have to point out their mistakes or make fun of them when they lose. It's rude, it's pointless, and it's immature. If you watch a battle, watch it silently.

3. RNGesus is not always with you. 

Everyone loses, it's a fact of life. You can't be lucky all the time, and it sucks when that happens. However, you have to remember that hax is a fickle friend, and you'll get it yourself sooner or later. Even when you lose fairly (or unfairly), take it as a learning experience and don't bring your anger into the chat or out on another person. I suggest screaming into your pillow, eating a tub of ice cream, or hugging a cat (or nearby furry companion).

4. Pay attention to other roleplayers. 

Conquest isn't the most RP-heavy roleplay, but when people actually do bother to put effort into their posts, don't just stomp over their text with a /me waltzes through the gates. Pay attention to what they're doing at the time - for instance, if they're talking to another warlord, at least let them finish their conversation. Interruptions are annoying, as is being ignored.

5. Drink water and eat bananas. 

Proven to be a good way to counteract salt. :]

Last edited by Articuno on Sun May 10, 2015 1:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Conquest Etiquette

Post by PurplePeahen on Sun May 10, 2015 12:07 pm

This is beautiful. Just, beautiful.
On to the serious bit...
Weakness-hunting proves nothing. You conquered a kingdom your type is strong against? Good for you, you're so strong. -Sarcasm- And if you lose against your weakness, you get humiliated. In other words, WHunting is a waste of time.

Now, this is something I'd like to say, that I used to do, and that I really don't like...
People weakness-hunt others to "protect" their ally from being WHunted themselves. But what if that poor kingdom never intended to WHunt?
E.g, Flying is allied with Rock, and Rock attacks Ice to prevent Flying from getting WHunted. But what if Ice never wanted to WHunt Flying?
In my eyes, this is just a terrible excuse for WHunting. Sure, you could help your ally in the future, but really, not everybody is a WHunter. Please don't do this. It's not nice. :c

WHunting ~ Weakness-hunting
WHunt - Weakness-hunt, and so on.. ~

Last edited by PurplePeahen on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sun May 10, 2015 1:02 pm

I'd like to add another Conquest Etiquette Rule:

Pay Attention to Descriptions

Too often I find people who just walk to a kingdom without even reading what the description of that kingdom is. Some people (namely Lux (Lucario) and me) like to describe their typed countries thoroughly and even throw out the kingdom description and make it a republic or even an anarchy. In order for people to acknowledge that this description exists, they should look at the first comments to see what people have to say about their lands.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sun May 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Added Smile

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milli on Mon May 11, 2015 2:16 am

Love it!!
Milli
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Mon May 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Articuno wrote:Added Smile

Thanks! I hope this leads to a better Conquest experience for all.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon May 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Maybe add that you should RP more instead of: /me goes to (insert kingdom here) kingdom
since RP'ing is what the RP room in about
Also replace the Murkrow Sprites with Mega Pidgeot Sprites, it fits better imo(y)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Why is weakness hunting still frowned upon? I get weakness hunted numerous times, and more often then not I come out on top.
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Nebulous wrote:Why is weakness hunting still frowned upon? I get weakness hunted numerous times, and more often then not I come out on top.

Let me just borrow a picture, Neb.

Here it is:

"More often than not I come on top."

It's just considered really really rude. Like a tournament scouting counterpick, which I know is illegal. It's picking your advantages, and that's just a meanie move!

... That sentence started out more mature than it ended.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:48 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:
Nebulous wrote:Why is weakness hunting still frowned upon? I get weakness hunted numerous times, and more often then not I come out on top.

"More often than not I come on top."

It's just considered really really rude.  Like a tournament scouting counterpick, which I know is illegal.  It's picking your advantages, and that's just a meanie move!

...  That sentence started out more mature than it ended.

HEY! HOW DID YOU TAKE MY PICTURE?!
On a serious note, I guess you're right.
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

EAT DA BANANAS

Post by Dragon555 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Forget the topic i've been weakness hunted before Crying or Very sad
Dragon555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockfrost on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:00 pm

Yeah I get weakness hunted. I'm almost always Electric if I join it, and I get freaking destroyed by Ground. I always try to ally with...

Water
Grass
Ice
Flying

One, AT LEAST, of my allies, always has my primary weakness covered, so I can call them with the high-tech comm system developed by the Electric kingdom.

Not to say I have no counters myself, I've been known to carry counters. I've joined a LEAGUE with it and conquered over Ground.

Speaking of... I've got some changes to make to that team of mine...

Shockfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top