Ari Rants About New OC

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ari Rants About New OC

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:23 am

( I had to type this twice ;-; Hope I don't break it in some stupid way )

Name: Vexuin

Looks: (As you can see above right there) Aside from her neko-ness, Vexuin has different colored eyes. Her left is a golden color, while her right is a simple gray. She is 5'4" and a bit scrawny.

Personality: She is extremely bipolar, meaning she can be depressed one minute, and the next, happy as ever. (Took off the eye part, thanks to AxeBane's suggestion.) It's hard to know what she's actually thinking about, inside. It's sometimes confusing, probably to those who had just met her.

Backstory: Vexuin never had any parents to take care of her, or a role model that she always looked up to. She learned the language of Pokemon from years and years of living with Pokemon. An Espeon and Umbreon had taken her in, Later known as Minerva and Knight. As she was a small young girl at the age of 8, Espeon and Umbreon had to teach her discipline the hard way. At night, Vexuin would curl up against a tree trunk, and cry that she could ever be normal. Some days, she would see Trainers, spending the night outside. Vexuin would jump at a chance they would notice her and want to take care of her. But the did notice. And they didn't care. One day, she saw a red haired dude. The red haired dude looked at her, her scraped knees, her dark colored bruises, all from training. "Weak," the red head muttered, walking away. Vexuin started to tear up, she tried to say something before he left, but she couldn't make out the words. She...did not have a voice. Weak. Is what she told herself through the years of hard training to try to find a way that she could communicate with Espeon and Umbreon. One day. She managed to say a word. But the only word it was, was Weak. Espeon and Umbreon were furious, and stomped off, not letting her follow. Vexuin started to cry and she ran to the nearby pond. Her attention was now on a few older boys, who were laughing and throwing rocks at something. She started to walk to them, and noticed what they were throwing rocks at. It was a helpless Magikarp. Vexuin dove in, to save the Magikarp.

"Stop! Stop hurting it!" She cried. But she was aware of what it was. It was her friend. She looked at the dusty and bruised Magikarp in her arms. Vexuin saw a small smile, but tried to smile back. She couldn't, the pain of the rocks still being thrown prevented her. Vexuin slowly got up, her arms and legs bruised and slightly bloody. At least she helped this little Magikarp. She ran over to the water, and set her little Magikarp in the water. She smiled. "Be free." Vexuin whispered. But the Magikarp didn't move, it stayed there. It started to shine and glow with a white light. Vexuin closed her eyes, even the light was too blinding for her. She felt something wrap around her. She opened her eyes to see a large Gyarados, no longer a small Magikarp.

The boys soon ran away, and she saw her friends, Espeon and Umbreon. She heard them say something, other than their name. "Minerva and Knight." They whispered.

Vexuin smiled. Her mouth quickly opened. "Vexuin."  She said, and it was final. It would be her name. She looked at the Gyarados.
"My...Trainer."  The Gyarados said, in a slightly raspy voice.

(AS of now) Pokemon: Gyarados (Lvl 56), Minerva (Espeon Lvl 50), Knight (Umbreon Lvl 50), Furret (Lvl 40) (Fixed levels because I think it's better high-level. Bonds, y'know?

Dislikes: Anything cheesy, Ridiculously ugly things, Vegetables,

Scared of: Fairies

(I hope that's enough... Please do give meh feedback :3)

Last edited by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit : 2 (Level fix))
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ari Rants About New OC

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:51 am

No? Nobody? O-Okay... ;-;
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kantsu on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:49 am

Oh Girl, you're doin' fine with that OC of yours.
In all seriousness, I better see this Oh-See soon. She looks rather fun to bug.
Kantsu
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:15 am

The God of Ships Kantsu wrote:Oh Girl, you're doin' fine with that OC of yours.
In all seriousness, I better see this Oh-See soon. She looks rather fun to bug.
If I see any shipping with this OC I'll kill you
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:36 am

Okay. I've gone and read this, and... It most certainly is a fully fleshed-out OC; I'd love to meet them in an actual RP one of these days.

A particular thing I liked about your little bio is how you wrote out that little backstory... It genuinely tugged at my heartstrings - something which can't be done easily nowadays. Also, that image is surprisingly fitting! Good choice!

My only gripe with the whole thing, as small as it may seem, is the unnecessary eye-glowy thing... To me, it just seems like a bit of a cop-out to easily explain to other roleplayers that your character is changing personalities. I don't like that, myself, as I feel that I should be able to work that out myself, or pick up on subtle cues that indicate an altered mind state. Take my suggestion and see where it takes you, if you want, but leave it on the ground if you, for some reason, don't want to alter it. Either way, it's fine.

Overall, it really is a solid OC, and I just love it when people make the effort to explain things that would otherwise be far-fetched -- cough, Gyarados, cough -- as it shows that you're willing to put effort into characterisation, and I like that in a roleplayer.

Anywho, this is getting a bit long now, so I'm just gonna wrap up by saying this: I may've "accidentally" replaced one of their Pokeballs with one that contains a fairy-type. Have fun! ^.^
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:40 am

AxeBane wrote:Okay. I've gone and read this, and... It most certainly is a fully fleshed-out OC; I'd love to meet them in an actual RP one of these days.

A particular thing I liked about your little bio is how you wrote out that little backstory... It genuinely tugged at my heartstrings - something which can't be done easily nowadays. Also, that image is surprisingly fitting! Good choice!

My only gripe with the whole thing, as small as it may seem, is the unnecessary eye-glowy thing... To me, it just seems like a bit of a cop-out to easily explain to other roleplayers that your character is changing personalities. I don't like that, myself, as I feel that I should be able to work that out myself, or pick up on subtle cues that indicate an altered mind state. Take my suggestion and see where it takes you, if you want, but leave it on the ground if you, for some reason, don't want to alter it. Either way, it's fine.

Overall, it really is a solid OC, and I just love it when people make the effort to explain things that would otherwise be far-fetched -- cough, Gyarados, cough -- as it shows that you're willing to put effort into characterisation, and I like that in a roleplayer.

Anywho, this is getting a bit long now, so I'm just gonna wrap up by saying this: I may've "accidentally" replaced one of their Pokeballs with one that contains a fairy-type. Have fun! ^.^

Thanks! And about the eye glowy thing, I was thinking about changing that part and I am going to. I don't know what I was thinking about when I wrote that part Razz
And the fairy-type part...We'll see about that when I somehow get the change to roleplay with you :3
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:45 am

Ari (S.Ninetales) wrote:
AxeBane wrote:Okay. I've gone and read this, and... It most certainly is a fully fleshed-out OC; I'd love to meet them in an actual RP one of these days.

Thanks! And about the eye glowy thing, I was thinking about changing that part and I am going to. I don't know what I was thinking about when I wrote that part Razz
And the fairy-type part...We'll see about that when I somehow get the change to roleplay with you :3

Well. If you really want to roleplay with me, I've a Skype account, and I'm almost constantly roleplaying on it, and I'm on it a hell of a lot more than PS, due to stupid internet restrictions, so if you're interested, I'll give you that; I think it's on my profile page, but I'll post it if it's not, or you're just too lazy. ^.^'

Also, about the eye thing, what do you have in mind about changing it to? I've got an idea, if you're interested.
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:46 am

Go ahead and give me the idea, I just took off the eye part, but I would love to make it more interesting. :3
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:50 am

Ari (S.Ninetales) wrote:Go ahead and give me the idea, I just took off the eye part, but I would love to make it more interesting. :3

Well. I was thinking something along the lines (heh, pre-puns) of involuntary word blurting. It's still a present hint, and a clever observer can notice it, and -- if you're clever enough -- you can drop the 'key words' into your normal dialogue, which will completely remove the 'obviousness' part of it to any casual observer. It's better than a "hey, look at this glowy eye-thing!" ain't it?
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:55 am

AxeBane wrote:
Ari (S.Ninetales) wrote:Go ahead and give me the idea, I just took off the eye part, but I would love to make it more interesting. :3

Well. I was thinking something along the lines (heh, pre-puns) of involuntary word blurting. It's still a present hint, and a clever observer can notice it, and -- if you're clever enough -- you can drop the 'key words' into your normal dialogue, which will completely remove the 'obviousness' part of it to any casual observer. It's better than a "hey, look at this!" eye-glowy thing, ain't it?

Ooh. I definitely like it. But, I'm not sure what would be...Well. Something "reasonable" that she would blurt out.
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:56 am

Ari (S.Ninetales) wrote:
AxeBane wrote:

Well. I was thinking something along the lines (heh, pre-puns) of involuntary word blurting. It's still a present hint, and a clever observer can notice it, and -- if you're clever enough -- you can drop the 'key words' into your normal dialogue, which will completely remove the 'obviousness' part of it to any casual observer. It's better than a "hey, look at this!" eye-glowy thing, ain't it?

Ooh. I definitely like it. But, I'm not sure what would be...Well. Something "reasonable" that she would blurt out.

Well! That's why we're a team, mate! Let's start brainstorming, 'ey?
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Suddenly...TEAMS! Pshh yeah, of course. But, should she blurt the same word everytime? Or different words?
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Ari (S.Ninetales) wrote:Suddenly...TEAMS! Pshh yeah, of course. But, should she blurt the same word everytime? Or different words?

I'd say, for the sake of the conversation not going stale, you try and alternate between a couple different words. The only thing is that I don't know how many exactly... Hm... Ideas? Meanwhile, I'll go about wondering what words to actually use.
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ari (S.Ninetales) on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:10 pm

AxeBane wrote:
Ari (S.Ninetales) wrote:Suddenly...TEAMS! Pshh yeah, of course. But, should she blurt the same word everytime? Or different words?

I'd say, for the sake of the conversation not going stale, you try and alternate between a couple different words. The only thing is that I don't know how many exactly... Hm... Ideas? Meanwhile, I'll go about wondering what words to actually use.
You see, I kinda don't want her to say anything...How do I state it...Something that would be a Cliché
Something like...."I hate you" BORING~!
Ari (S.Ninetales)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Ari (S.Ninetales) wrote:
AxeBane wrote:

You see, I kinda don't want her to say anything...How do I state it...Something that would be a Cliché
Something like...."I hate you" BORING~!

Yeahhhhhh... That's also blatantly obvious. Maybe something a little less obvious, like... "Weak," for example? ;p
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top