"PTSD Ridden, yet still hopeful." - Jake the Sceptile OC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"PTSD Ridden, yet still hopeful." - Jake the Sceptile OC

Post by Halohbottech on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:32 pm

((Okay, so I lied. I'm splitting the Triplets up into 3 seperate bios because BLEEEGH. These things are hard enough for ONE Pokemon, but three-in-one? No thank you, sir.))

War. Believe it or not, science has proved that, due to evolution (Darwinian, mind you, not Pokemon) and thus the lack of resources available for all species, war is integral to our instincts, beliefs, and survival. It used to be the go-to when a problem arose. Hate your neighboring country? Invade and massacre. Some guy in a place pissed you off? Invade and massacre. Some random country has a different religion than you? Invade and massacre. Rinse and repeat. And, because of this ruthless, morbid truth, we sometimes overlook those involved in these wars. Not the players, but the pawns: the ones TRULY affected.

"I don't claim to enjoy fighting, hell, I'd go so far as to say it's beneath me. But I do it anyway. Why? Because the world demands it. And I'm forced to supply it."

Age/Gender/Level: 23 / Male / L:60

Personality/The truth; plain and simple.
Jake is a loving individual, caring for all who live, and believing that most problems can be solved through peaceful, nonviolent means. On the surface, he appears to be your average hippie, minus the marijuana. However, as with all trees, there's just as much, even more story, to be found if you dig far enough. Beneath this peaceful, loving exterior, sits a jaded, cracked man, whose life was ruined by war. Plagued with insomnia induced by PTSD nightmares, Jake is quick to becoming irritable, though he tries his best to not lash out. He fears himself above all things, simply because he knows that the power he holds could kill just about anybody, if given the right time and resources. He hates war and violence, but sees it as sometimes the only solution to problems, which saddens him that he has not the knowledge to solve all problems nonviolently. He can be quite gullible, doing anything for friends and family, even though he isn't stupid. He just realizes how precious life is, and will go to any extent to preserve it.

Attacks: Frenzy Plant, Giga Drain, X-Scissor, Dragon Pulse - Sometimes Carries: Leech Seed, Pursuit, Thunderpunch, Bullet Seed, and Quick Attack

Held Item(s): Sceptilite - after losing his right hand in war, he had it replaced with an Emerald Claw that has the gem implanted in it; Absorb Bulb - he cultivates these, and hands them out regularly; Luminous Moss - he cultivates these, and hands them out regularly; Berries - he cultivates these, and hands them out regularly

History: "I've lived a hard life, but if I had to change anything, it'd be to have my brothers have learned the lessons I had to."

*WARNING! SENSITIVE TOPICS DISCUSSED! DO NOT READ IF EASILY OFFENDED OR EASILY MADE SICK TO THE STOMACH. Thank you for your consideration. You have been warned.*

Distrusting:

Jake's childhood, like his brothers, is riddled with happiness and sadness, brought upon by family. Whenever Shadow wasn't hogging his younger brother, Haloh, Jake and him would spend much time together. They'd often play leisure activities, like card games or tag, and study together (usually cheating off of Flare's homework, since he was the brain of the bunch). Haloh was Jake's closest brother, and so long as Shadow or "Darkside" wasn't around, they'd be inseparable. However, when they WERE around, Jake was often nowhere near his favourite brother, often fleeing to darkness to spy upon the two. He never trusted them, and wholly feared "Darkside", who he could feel was evil. He confided this in his father after he divorced his mother (of whom he had no love for, as she tortured him just like Shadow and Haloh), but he took no solace in what he said, refusing to believe him. However, when that fateful day came, and "Darkside" showed them all his true colours, the last words he said to his father before being sent away (one of the few things he regrets saying in his life), were 'I told you so.' As with Haloh and Shadow, his memories were wiped, and he was sent away. However, out of spite or simply through bad luck, Jake awoke to the sounds, not of happy bird songs or the whistling of a cold empty wind, but to the sound of explosions and gunpowder.

A Tale of Two Worlds:

Jake's adolescence (he awoke evolved into Grovyle, a gift from Hannah, he assumed) was spent in agonizing pain and suffering, both mental and physical. He had no idea where in the world he was, or who he was, and the first thing he encounters when he awakes is the blank stare of a long-dead soldier, a Lucario, whose eyes were yellow with decay, and whose body smelt of death. After this, he learned quickly how to fight, and was forced to slaughter his way away from battle, and to the ranks of the Pokemon in the forest. From there, he trained, day-in, day-out. You could say he was born with only the knowledge of slaughter and battle. This sickened Jake, who believed there must be more to life than killing those who do not agree with you (which is what he thought this war was about; he was sadly mistaken). However, he could not pray forever for staying out of battle, and was soon sent back in. Almost instantly, his tactical mindset switched on, and he went on a rampage. He earned the name 'The Fall Maple', for after the battle was through, all his leaves where so red, that they remained that way for weeks, stained with the blood of the humans he'd mercilessly slaughtered. However, his battle luck could not hold out forever, and the night after he evolved, he (and his entire platoon) were captured, and sent to fort 'La Force' to be interrogated. It was his turn to learn about the Humans, and why they fought this war.

Prophecy Freedom:

Jake is the reason that this family of Pokemon, Haloh, Shadow, and the like, all hate Humans. Jake knows that they're no worse than them, but he described them so viciously, that their group instantly hated them. And really, is it his fault? The things he was forced to witness, no man or 'mon should be forced to watch that. He was put into high security, and saw Pokemon daily tortured, the humans trying to find out any spec of information about the leaders of the Pokemon. He saw Pokemon water-tortured, he saw Pokemon broiled alive in massive bronze cows, until they were on the edge of oblivion. He saw Pokemon have their nails removed by toothpicks, having the Pokemon jab their toes into walls at fast speeds, making the nail pop off with a sickening, wet popping sound. And, as a final measure, the humans literally poured salt, or lemon juice, into the injuries; information was of essence. And finally, they moved onto him. They started with the regular nail junk on his right hand, but after finding out who he was, the dreaded 'Fall Maple', they grew furious, and moved on to more... extreme measures. They started with the pinkie. For every day he refused to cooperated, they'd shave a small part off of the finger, until it was a stub. They'd do it until he lacked an arm, then they'd move onto his left. For 3 weeks: one for each finger. Then, finally, on the 22nd day, they removed the hand completely, making sure that, for each 'shave', they poured a little extra salt and lemon juice into the wound. However, that same day, the legendary Pokemon Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, and Keldeo, rescued him. Keldeo, who'd been gifted with Prophecy Sight, saw him, and spoke, in a trance, telling him of a great battle he was to participate in with his brothers, whom, during the torture, he'd remembered. Each day he was tortured, he remembered more and more of his life, ending on the night "Darkside" had killed Hannah. However, he could only look on those memories with a numb mind, as all Jake could think of was the terrible pain, the horrid pain of his list hand. He refuses to tell where he obtained his new Emerald one with the Mega Stone in it.

Relationships: Falcon (Scizor) - Deceased? - His father. Raised him from an egg. Taught him how to fight. Taught him how to work a bow, and often meditated with him. Is believed to have made Jake's new hand, though it's only speculation.
Haloh (Ampharos) - Alive - His second youngest brother. Was like a best friend, and in adulthood, still is. Loves him dearly, and does just about everything with him nowadays, wanting to protect and be with him, since he knows just how important (and fleeting) life is.
Shadow (Absol) - Alive - His oldest brother. Never liked him, as a matter of fact, originally thought he conspired with "Darkside" to kill Hannah. However, in adulthood, he has grudging respect for his brother, and loves him, despite what he felt earlier about him, and would willingly sacrifice himself for him, as he would for any of his family.
The Triplets (Jake, Flare, Ace) - Alive - His two other triplet brothers. He loves them dearly, even though he often has to break up arguments between Flare and Haloh, and sometimes even gets into arguments with Flare. He loves meditating with Ace, since it reminds him of his days training with his Father.
"Darkside" (Sableye) - Alive - "While I don't usually condone violence in my group, I'd be willing to turn a blind eye to him."
Hannah (Gardevior) - Deceased - While he still loved Hannah, he never really saw her as anything more than a sister, considering Jake was quite independent. He still felt the blow, however, when she died, and wanted to blame anyone: choosing to shove some of the blame onto Shadow when they were children, and before he lost his memory.

Likes!
Favourite Food: I'm an omnivore, personally, though I don't quite like very bloody things, like steak. I prefer sushi, personally, though I really am more of a vegetarian. Eggplant is pretty nice too.
Favourite Hobby: I suppose reading isn't so bad. I also like hanging out and talking with Haloh.
Favourite Colour: Green, duh!
Favourite Season: Spring. It's the sign of new life...

Dislikes...
Hated Food: As I said, anything really bloody and meaty, like pork. I also dislike most sweets.
Hated Hobby: I don't really like flying. Or heights. Or anything involving heights...
Hated Colour: Black. It reminds me of tar pits... and gunpowder.
Hated Season: Fall. Everything dies. Tis sad. :C

Theme Song: "Bullet and a Target", by Citizen Cope

And that's Jake! I'll probably do Flare in a little bit, then follow up with Ace, and the main crew will be finished~

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "PTSD Ridden, yet still hopeful." - Jake the Sceptile OC

Post by evergreen lemose on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:32 pm

He cultivates and hands out lots of stuff doesn't he.

But, jokes aside, I think this is another great (and super long) story by the bio god haloh.
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Thanks, your input is always valued and much loved. :>

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:05 pm

*Slow clap* Nice. Very well done. Although I haven't read the other two brothers, this one is definitely an eye catcher. His past is very thought out. Not simple, but not complex either.

I could see him and Petra getting along swimmingly, as long as she isn't hungry. If she is hungry; I at least hope Jake would understand that it is nothing personal. Gal gotta eat. Otherwise they could form the "Humans are big meanies" club.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Lol truuuu. Thanks for the input. :>

<3 from the best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content