Conquest: How to's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conquest: How to's

Post by Symphonist1 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:41 am

It has occurred to me that a large portion of the room does not like conquest merely for the fact that they cannot stay in long enough to win, and often complain about weakness hunting and such. Well, today, I come here bearing information as how to stop that from happening, and many other tips.

How to build an functional team: Every functional (In my opinion) team should have at least one hazard setter/remover, sweeper and a mon to counter your weaknesses. I'll use flying as an example. If you know electric is coming for you, you need to A:Get some counters up, like landorus (both forms) or add ground moves such as Earthquake on gyarados. Every type has a mon that can set up hazards. Using the right mon is very important, because hazards make the bulk of an battle. If you don't have hazards set up, 9 times out of 10, you'll have to face constant full health'd pokemon+ sashes. A few good and common hazard setters are skarmory, Hippowdon, ferrothorn and torkoal. Others such as Krookodile and swampert are good as well. Finally, every team should have at least one pokemon they can possibly sweep with. This pokemon should be very fast, or very bulky. Most pokemon that tend to sweep have abilities such as Sand force, swift swim, or have items such as choice bands or scarfs. This is just one of many how to's. Take it from an rather high ranking mono battler. Don't be afraid to ask how to deal with something in CQ, because more times than not, people will have an answer.
;;

Symphonist1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Conquest: How to's

Post by evergreen lemose on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:36 am

Nice advice, however this should go in the conquest discussion forum
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:11 pm

I agree with some of it but not every team needs a hazard setter or remover as not many types set up hazards frequently. To have something with defog or rapid spin is advised but it isn't a must.
If you said it like this: "Every time must have a lead pokemon" it'd be absolutely true.
As a lead can be just a counter (with taunt, thunder wave and such), hazard setter (Stealth rocks, spikes etc.), or a pokemon that needs to set up at the start.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Symphonist1 wrote:..and a mon to counter your weaknesses. I'll use flying as an example. If you know electric is coming for you, you need to A:Get some counters up, like landorus (both forms) or add ground moves such as Earthquake on gyarados.

The way you are wording makes it seem like you are encouraging people to counter-team. (Changing your team so you have an advantage over your opponent. This is banned!)
You cannot change your team in CQ. (Unless you have an illegal team, etc.)

I have a tip, I guess. When making / choosing a team for CQ, I take into account what types are taken and what types are open. For example, I have a Flying team that can hold it's own against Ice, but has absolutely no counters for Rock. If Ice was taken, and Rock wasn't, then I would use that team. But, if Rock was taken and Ice open, I would not use that team, and instead use a team that's anti-Rock.
~ But don't forget that other types that aren't your weakness may want to attack you! While you can handle your weakness, maybe the team you chose can't handle a type neutral against yours! ~

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 am

Alright. What I see the problem characterised is a general lack of battling skill, and I have to say, I cannot disagree. What I can say, is that I disagree with the method used to combat it. As I am currently unable to access my various battling resources, this response, until edited, will only be brief. I heavily disagree with your "team" necessities. I am sure there are teams out there who are able to do well without all of your requirements, especially a hard counter. I will elaborate upon this later.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top